Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker Log

Has anyone tried using the Stoker-Stokerlog software on a new Samsung Galaxy Tab? I like the software on a laptop just wondering if it will run on the Samsung.
Meadow Lake Sk. LBGE, Stoker, Adjustable rig.

Comments

• meister5
    meister5 Posts: 20
    Sorry I meant the Galaxy Note 10.1" Should have done my research before posting.
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Nada. Stokerlog currently only runs on windows.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Time for a Surface, then. Maybe if I get one, I'll be able to break dance like they do in the commercial.
  • J_Que
    Meister5, There are other options if your tech savvy. Check out Virtual Network Computing (VNC). A graphical desktop sharing system that uses the RFB Remote Frame Buffer protocol (remote framebuffer) to remotely control another computer. It transmits the keyboard and mouse events from one computer to another, relaying the graphical screen updates back in the other direction, over a network. They have clients for Android. Check out: http://www.realvnc.com/products/android/ There are some people using this with IPads as well. http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?25709-Stokerlog-iPad I want to give it a try but just haven't found the time yet. Let us know if you decide to give it a try.

• meister5
    meister5 Posts: 20
    Thanks for your comments, I will now check out VNC it looks cool. Who knew the world of BBQ could teach you so much about computers????
  • GatoGordo
    GatoGordo Posts: 80
    Another option is to install StokerWebConsole on your Windows, Linux, or Mac computer. Once you do this, you can control it from any device that has a browser. I control it from any PC in the house or my iPhone when I am out.
    LBGE, Stoker WiFi, UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker
  • J_Que
    edited March 2013
    Interesting app you have there GatoGordo. It seems that would be a better option then going the VNC route. I'm going to have to download it and play around test it out. Are you the developer?

• GatoGordo
    GatoGordo Posts: 80
    J_Que said:
    Interesting app you have there GatoGordo. It seems that would be a better option then going the VNC route. I'm going to have to download it and play around test it out. Are you the developer?
    Yes. I wanted something a little more flexible than StokerLog, so I wrote both StokerConsole and StokerWebConsole. If you do install it, let me know what you think. I am always looking for feedback.
    LBGE, Stoker WiFi, UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker