Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon Wrapped Nagano Pork Tenderloin Brochette with Maux Mustard Honey/Maple Glaze

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
The title says it all...

Plated:

Out of the egg:

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks damn good, paqman!  I've been thinking about brochette for a while.  Have the skewers in my wish list (I know you can use regular)....
    Options
    @nolaegghead It was awesome and on a weekday night on top of it (taking advantage of longer days after the switch from DST)!  The flat skewers are a set of Steven Raichlen brand that I received for my birthday a few weeks ago.  Beside being a tad too long, they are great.  The meat remained in place and did not roll when turning but I hardly see how I could fit more than 3-4 on the egg (it's a set of 6).

Options
    Very nice.

=D>
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yep, I think the skewers in mind are Steven Raichlen brand.  Tip has like a 30 degree bevel and honed like a knife.  I believe the long ones can hang out the seam between the lid and base...obviously if you do that you can only flip 180 degrees....
    Options
    Looks great! I have the shorter Steven Raichlen skewers and will add this to the ever growing things to try list. Thanks! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    @paqman -- That looks amazing, do you have the recipe? 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice!!! The title itself sets one drooling.

What are those sides in the first pic? Potatoes with sour cream or acorn squash? They look really good too. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    CPARKTX said:

@paqman -- That looks amazing, do you have the recipe? 

@CPARKTX The glaze was made with ~1/2 cup of maple syrup, ~2-3 tablespoons of honey, ~2-3 tablespoons of mustard from Meaux (dijon would be good as well)

I sliced the tenderloin in cubes and then wrapped each cubes with bacon.

Added some glaze before placing the kabobs on the egg and two more times while cooking.

Cooked to temp

10 minutes max of prep time

Options
    caliking said:

Nice!!! The title itself sets one drooling.

What are those sides in the first pic? Potatoes with sour cream or acorn squash? They look really good too. 
    Potatoes with butter and sour cream / brussel sprouts

The skin of the potatoes was overcooked but the inside was pefect. Next time I will bake them indirect.