Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ordering in today - last Q before entering BBQ nirvana

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Order goes in today. So excited that I will be getting a slew of accessories to boot.[p]Final question still nagging me: XL vs. Large Egg ???[p]Found a site selling a 19" pizza stone so I can make bigger pies, but will the larger size be a hinderance for everything else? Is the XL really that prone to problems long since resolved on the Large?While I am sure the posters here will turn me on to a new world of 'cue favorites, probably the first thing going into my shiny new egg will be some baby-backs.[p]Thanks.

Comments

• Grillicious
    Options
    Dano, from what I've read here most of the inital problems the XL had have been resolved. Except perhaps it's large appetite for charcoal....LOL....not really a problem since, as with all eggs, closing the vents puts it out for next time. I assume the 19" pizza stone is for the XL.
  • Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Options
    Dano,[p]I've been using a large for the last several years and have not felt the need for an XL -- but I would think that if you do a lot of entertaining for groups in excess of 12 or so people, an XL might be a good idea. On a large, I can do a maximum of six chicken halves at once, which generates 24 pieces or so. I can do four racks of ribs easily. I can do six steaks. [p]Not sure why you would want to do a huge pizza -- kind of tough to handle. But again, for a large group, maybe it is necessary.[p]If you go back over the archives, I think you will find that there have been virtually no complaints about the XL in the last six to nine months.