Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby back Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just bought my Egg today so I am a newbie. What is the best temp and how long for baby back ribs?

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Jack Mayhoffer, start about 250 dome and let it go for 4 hours. Sauce and grill the ribs when they look and taste OK

• wingfoot
    wingfoot Posts: 95
    Options
    Jack Mayhoffer,[p]I cook mine for three hours indirect in a rack over a drip pan at about 250 or 260 dome, then foil them and cook them for another hour indirect. After that, if the meat is pulling back nicely from the bone, I go direct for another hour or so mopping them with sauce and turning every 15 or 20 minutes. I did babybacks for supper tonight and they were really good. I poured in a little coke when I foiled them........ yummy. Be careful when you take them out of the foil as those juices are HOT. [p]Mike
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Jack Mayhoffer,[p]Did babybacks tonight and my wife said they were the second best I've done (been Egging since October).[p]Rubbed with French's mustard and coated with DP Dizzy Dust. Added one chunk of hickory and two of cherry wood. Set grid temp to 235 (I use a Guru) and let them go indirect 4.5 hours.[p]Wingfoot's cook was more like the cook my wife said was my personal babyback best two weeks ago. I proceeded as above, but pulled the ribs after 3 hours and wrapped them in foil with pineapple juice, placing them back in the Egg at 325 grid for one hour. I was going to remove them from the foil and put them on the grate to 'crisp up' as some do, but the 'chef's nibbles' were awesome and patience flew out the window. I served them up and they became history. Getting prodded by my better half to do a repeat.[p]On my large Egg I find the grid temp to be about 30* lower than the temp measured by the BGE thermometer in the dome. HTH![p]Enjoy Egging and welcome!!!![p]DD