Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

apple stuffed pork tenderloin

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i don't usually do pork tenderloins as the wife doesn't like pork (go figure, jewish husband loves the darned things, baptist wife doesn't)..anyway, i had picked up a couple and did them anyway. .. [p]butterflied them, spread some spicy apricot jam (thanks MIKE O) on them, then a layer of apples that had been softened by sauteing them in some butter. . .sprinkled some dizzy raging river on them, rolled them up and tied them with string. .. sprinkled a little more raging river on the outside and stuck them in a 400 degree egg on grid over inverted plate setter. . .turned them once or twice. ...they were done in about 40 minutes. ... last 10 minutes or so, i smeared some more of the apricot jam on them. . ..(not sure what mike o used to jazz up the jam, but it sure is good) [p]really tasty combination of flavors. ...sorry, i was too lazy to take any pictures. . . .

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Sounds great. How can I duplicate the apricot jam?

• egret,
    not sure what mike put in it. . .may be nothing more than red pepper flakes to 'kick it up' a notch. . .or you could probably put in a little of your favorite rub, like a jamaican firewalk or tsunami spin. .. it was a subtle addition, so it didn't take away from the sweetness of the apricot jam, you just got this nice 'heat' aftertaste on your tongue.. ..[p]maybe mike o will see this and weigh in on his secret. .

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    This sounds SO good! We're inviting some guests over tomorrow night and I was just wondering what to serve...I may try this, as (unlike Mrs. Mad Max) I adore pork tenderloins! Thanks for the recipe.
    Cheers,
    G.
    p.s. Say "hi" to Spawn.

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Looks great, OH no pics. LOL How about sounds great.[p]Mike

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]If I'm not mistaken, it's habanero jam. At least, that's what we've gotten from him in the past. It IS awfully good, isn't it, and just WONDERFUL on tenderloins...[p]Tonia
    :~)

• Frank King
    Frank King Posts: 10
    I guess the old combo of pork chops and applesauce is still a comfort food. I saw a stuffed loin on here the other week but didnt get the recipe so i tried to improvise. I butterflied the loin then spread 4 oz of goat cheese and a handful of fresh chopped mint leaves. Then i cooked 2 cups of sherb flavored stove top stuffing and spread it. rolled up the loin and wrapped in bacon. delish