Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Here's my TD meal. Where's yours?

Village Idiot
Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
I made the now famous Bourbon Maple ham, but I immediately found out the you can't inject a spiral cut ham.  It just oozes out.

The sides were tamale cornbread dressing and Stoffer's Spinach Soufflé.  I tell you - the tamale cornbread dressing is fantastic !!!

Plated.  Ready to eat.

Close up.

Of course, Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete without the traditional homemade pumpkin pie.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• Great looking meal - nice day for a ride on the HD also....
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • Great looking meal - nice day for a ride on the HD also....
    Thanks.

Yep, already been riding.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Great looking meal VI.  I discovered too that it's pointless to inject a spiral ham.  However, I kind of figured that all along but hoped I would be proven wrong. lol
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Looks great Gary! I have done the same thing with Egret's ham. Takes a load of the injection eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I also did this injected ham yesterday and had about as much money in the maple syrup as I did the ham. But well worth it in the end..... Plus I have some bourbon left over for today....
    LBGE - Swing Grate - Platesetter - Pimaster110 - Pizza Stones - Maverick E732 - Thermapen - Dutch Ovens Abbeville, SC
  • Looks great! Was a nice day for riding here too. Sunny and 50°....so I took my sister for a ride on the Ducati.

Nice looking Sporty.....I was looking at a 48 earlier in the year.....really like the look of that one.
  • @Alebrewer.  You crotch rocket guys scare me.   X_X

I really liked the H-D 48, but didn't like the fuel capacity (2.1 gal. vs. 4.5 gal on the XL 1200 Custom).

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Not really a crotch rocket, but it is pretty dang fast. I have a Multistrada, which has a great seating position, but the the thing also handles the twisty roads like a dream. I also have a Triumph Sprint, which is a bit more sporty as far as the seating position. Thankfully, I am at the age where I am not as reckless as I used to be.

I hear ya on the small tank as far as capacity, but I really love those peanut tanks! My wife has an 883 with a smaller tank, not quite as small as the 48, but it looks really nice.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    VI,

What's the green stuff?  Spinach of sorts? 

I am not cooking anything today for dinner, but I did have a go at scotch eggs.  I liked scotch eggs a lot, but I will be trying different seasonings next time.  The good news?  My wife liked scotch eggs lol.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Nice Gary. The past half doz Egrets hams I have stayed with spirals. Got better coverage with my fingers. Got to try that cornbread. One more thing: Thanks for the hand holding last night on my new computer.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BYS1981 said:
    VI,

What's the green stuff?  Spinach of sorts? 

I am not cooking anything today for dinner, but I did have a go at scotch eggs.  I liked scotch eggs a lot, but I will be trying different seasonings next time.  The good news?  My wife liked scotch eggs lol.
    BYS,

It's Stoffer's Spinach Soufflé.  I found a recipe to make it from scratch, but I like this just as much, and it's as easy as picking it out of the frozen food section at the grocery store.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey said:
    Nice Gary. The past half doz Egrets hams I have stayed with spirals. Got better coverage with my fingers. Got to try that cornbread. One more thing: Thanks for the hand holding last night on my new computer.
    Your cool factor skyrocketed when you got your first Egg.
    It turbo charged when you got your Mac.
    Now ..... if you'd only get a Harley.      
    :))

As I said on the phone, I will be more than happy to help you with your Mac when I'm sober.  So, that means you need to call me between the hours of 6am and 6:15am on weekdays.  Forget about it on the weekends.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey said:
    Hand-holding? Mic, thinking twice about this whole Salado thing now. Skirts and hand-holding might be a little much...just sayin

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Mickey said:
    Hand-holding? Mic, thinking twice about this whole Salado thing now. Skirts and hand-holding might be a little much...just sayin

Steven just so there is no misunderstanding. Gary did not have a dress on.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey said:

Steven just so there is no misunderstanding. Gary did not have a dress on.
    Steve.  I just don't understand him.  He's been this way ever since he started promoting his "naked ham".  Seems to be some obsession. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mic, I have to go and put some bleach in my eyeballs now. The thought of Gary in a skirt is unbearable. Maybe an evening gown, ok, it could be cut low in the front with some fashionable heels....not to high or spikey too much yet elegant, and perhaps a slit up one side no higher than the thigh! Definitely no bare midriff. Yes, I could deal with that.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mic, I have to go and put some bleach in my eyeballs now. The thought of Gary in a skirt is unbearable. Maybe an evening gown, ok, it could be cut low in the front with some fashionable heels....not to high or spikey too much yet elegant, and perhaps a slit up one side no higher than the thigh! Definitely no bare midriff. Yes, I could deal with that.
    Why, thanks Little Steven.  Do you have a date yet for Salado?   :x

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Only if you wax!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    We lived near a Stouffer's outlet when I was in high school. Man, I love that soufflé. It is possibly one of my favorite foods. My grocery doesn't handle it, and I haven't had it in years. Need to hunt it down. Happy Thanksgiving, VI. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • I had the same problem with the maple syrup oozing out of the ham. It was still the best ham i have ever made..