Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip Photo test..........

Options
WVU-Egg
WVU-Egg Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_0071.jpg
<p />Trying to post the picture of some tri tip steaks I bought and egg'd up during lunch.

Comments

• Souldaddy
    Souldaddy Posts: 22
    Options
    WVU_Egg,[p]Think I may have seen an earlier post by you mentioning that you might try the tri tip roast next.[p]Yes, definitely do the roast next. When I do tri tip, that's all I do, and it's phenominal.[p]I've never cared for the tri tip steaks, as I think they dry out to quick.[p]-Ryan
  • WVU-Egg
    Options
    Souldaddy,
    I am going to try the roast next time. Do you slice it really thin?[p]The steaks actually were quite juicy. I ended up cooking the rest of them (4 more)tonight with just the cow lick rub on them. But I cooked them at 700 or so and just flipped them after 3 minutes on each side to medium rare. They were not cut very thick so they came out perfect that way. I told my wife the one with the cow lick rub was probably in the top 2 or 3 steaks that I have EVER had. Of course all top 5 have come from cooking on the Egg.[p]I'm hooked on them now and will be making the trip back to Costco soon at $5.99 a lb.[p]

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    WVU_Egg, They dont look like Tri-tips, certainly not a traigle in shape like here out west, unless maybe they were butterflied.

• WVU-Egg
    Options
    tach18k,
    The roast was definitely shaped in a triangle. But the steaks cut from them were not. They were probably 1 1/2 to 2 inches (max) wide. I had my concerns about them being cut somewhat thin but I think it turned out best since they were quick to cook and juicy. I just kept them at the high temp until medium rare.