Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chops

Options
Jopa
Jopa Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
7-17-054.jpg
<p />Tonight we enjoyed thick chops marinated in evoo and Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express. I added a nice chunk of guava and it was very good. Washed it down with a monster

7-17-054.jpg[p]
7-17-053.jpg[p]
7-17-052.jpg[p]
7-17-051.jpg[p]
Alton Merlot Napa 02

Comments

• WVU-Egg
    WVU-Egg Posts: 101
    Options
    Jopa,
    You gonna make it to the WVU-South Florida game in October? I'm going to make the trip down from Atlanta. So you need to make it to Raymond James stadium with your egg so I can visit and have some good tailgating food!! :-)

• Jopa
    Options
    WVU_Egg,
    I sure am gonna be in Ray Jay for the game.I don't think my egg is gonna make the trip.However we should meet before the game and share a cold one.I will be in the company of a few die hard Mountaineers.By the way we have met the USF coach at a couple chairty wine events and he is a great guy. Such a shame he may never win!(ever)
    Cheers and lets gooooooooooo

• WVU-Egg
    WVU-Egg Posts: 101
    Options
    Mountaineers!!!!!!!!!![p]I'll be down there with an old high school friend who went to Fairmont State but lives in the Tampa area now.[p]I'll email you a few days before the game and maybe we can meet in person and have a cold one.[p]Maybe I'll have to fix some pork, freeze it and bring it down.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jopa,[p]Interesting that you cooking chops with a plate setter. How long did you cook them and how did you get the grill marks cooking indirect?[p]Howard

• Jopa
    Options
    Howard,
    I let the grid get hot before adding the plate setter. I used the plate setter because I did not want the Red Eye Express rub to burn. 375 for about 50 minuites with a chunk of guava added.