Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Red Beans and Rice

2»

Comments

• I love walking the tightrope between tremendous success and total disaster!  You can't be the hero without first risking being the goat.
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,710
    edited October 2012
    A good amount.  Indian is very technical in many ways - you can take the same exact ingredients and, depending on how you cook them, come up with a myriad of tastes.  SWMBO just started sauteing some Indian about 10 minutes ago.  The house smells delicious.

I used to think some of the techniques in Indian cooking recipes were nuts.  I tried shortcuts.  Insert failures here.  Indian cuisine is brilliant.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    I would agree. The spice blends are so awesome, the toasting and frying of the spice. The way they can make chick peas, lentils, cauliflour and onion into a main meal. I mean seperately. I am going to try dosa on the egg this weekend. I haven't done sambar or rasam on the egg yet either

Steve 

Caledon, ON

I have some dosa mix I got from this cool international grocery store in town (weird warehouse looking place - I think they get everything through shipping containers through the port).  Let us know how it comes out.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

That looks effin good!  You ever make paneer?  I love saag paneer.  The cheese is kinda a pain to make but it's worth it (and a great way to save milk that's gonna go bad).

sorry about the hijack @optiontrader

No I haven't made it. I have made riccota and cottage cheese though. We have a huge Indian population with tons of markets so it isn't expensive. Usually the stores make their own and it doesn't cost anymore than the milk to make it. I've done biryani, butter chicken, roghan josht and naan at eggfests

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• When the wife lady cooks (almost never) and the recipe calls for a teaspoon of something, she gets the measuring spoons out and fills the teaspoon and then levels it off with a butter knife. I just dump whatever it is until I feel good about it. 
    Are we married to the same woman?  That sound familiar.
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
  • I've never failed...but I have discovered 1000 ways that don't work.