Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Guru vs. Stoker

2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I took some of my senior chemistry one summer at Texas A&M...and something else, I think it was linear algebra.  Yeah, the SEC is now represents all the major historic BBQ states (no offense if anyone disagrees with me).

My brother is a HUGE Texas fan, which pretty much makes me have to hate the Horns just to mess with him.  I'll have to rib him about the Horns turning their noses up at A&M.  He's coming into town tomorrow from SA.
  • Well okay....I read the articles and did not see anything definitive on LSU/aggie game on Thanksgiving weekend though I guess it would make sense for TV markets which would be ashame if that was what drives the game too early as the aggies are going to be complete whipping posts for some of the SEC teams especially LSU.

And by the way when the ESPN sports network was just in the idea stage several years before it was even a true possibility.....Texas went to A&M and pitched the idea as a partnership network.  Typical aggie thumbed their nose at the idea and Texas went back to the drawing board and developed the idea and with ESPN brought it to market.  At the late stages is when the aggs decided they did not want to be left out and well they missed out as ESPN and Texas said ....no.

I can't begin to tell you whether The Longhorn Network will be successful or if the aggs move to the SEC will flop for the aggs.  I hope for the best, but I am of the opinion that WV will be a better opponent than the aggie opponent that left.

Good luck with the SEC!  And I will stop posting at this point before I get in trouble...

• Just thought I'd dig up this old thread for the SMU fan...

48-3 in Dallas...with a crowd that was mostly maroon

video recap from game...
    http://v4.texags.com/Stories/6237

Gig Em

• EggerinLA
    EggerinLA Posts: 186
    edited September 2012
    SEC should of went for a better football school than A&M that has no real winning tradition. We accepted the second tier of the Big 12. Wish we got the real Texas team and/or OK. SEC lost some prestige and the SEC got left with the garbage. Damn you Slive for accepting these mediocre at best programs. Male cheerleaders. Ha, ha, ha.
  • Harsh words...I'm guessing you are an LSU fan.  Adding Texas A&M gave the SEC a 40% larger TV audience and we are now the largest school in the conference.  It wasn't that long ago we beat LSU every year...

Actually we beat LSU 5 straight years from 1991 - 1995.  We didn't meet again until the 2011 Cotton Bowl.
  • Damn you losers couldn't beat AR (granted they had a great coach) for the past 3 years and they owned you like you were their bit----- in the SWC. Hell, everyone owned you guys in overall record besides Rice in the ole SWC days. I know a little about this. Market share? A&M only saving grace is they live in a huge state. Other than that they are a disgrace especially when you consider their recruiting grounds and their lack of consistent winning. They are the underachievers of the sports world and their pathetic fan base truly thinks they are relevant. News Flash: You aren't. You are the laughing stock of college football. Worse mistake SEC did was bring you guys in with that small boys mentality. Most insecure fan base in football. Oh. LSU won't look at you as a rival. You are so far below us it is sad. You are worse than a has been. You are a never was.
  • I won't argue that our football program has under-performed.  And that LSU has had lots of recent success.  Although we did win 17 SWC championships.  Six of those coming in the 80's & 90's.  But we only had one Big XII title.
  • EggerinLA
    edited September 2012
    AR and the Longhorns owned you guys in the SWC. The overall records with those 2 schools were shameful. It was pathetic. Hell the coaches at A&M were so scared that the Hogs would tear their butts again they weazled out of a contract with Jerry Jones to play at Cowboy stadium so they can get the Hogs at Kylie field. Scared little crybabies. SEC is too good for the little aggies. Sunbelt team more like it. One thing you will learn is avid SEC fans know a lot about football and we know A&M was a bad choice and fit for our league. A&M is on the football level of Vandy and KY. That gimmick flavor of the week coach you got now just screams loser to me. Slive needs to be kicked out now. Missouri and your pathetic team has lowered our league. You will never really be accepted as a true member.
  • 15 years ago, you could have said the same thing about LSU.
  • EggerinLA
    edited September 2012
    A&M has never won anything of significance. Come talk when your pathetic sissy boy cheerleading school wins a NC. Hell, wins any BCS bowl. Hell just get to a BCS bowl game. I respect just about every school, but A&M. Most delusional, classless fan base in the nation. I have lived in many states and I'm a SEC fan, but after living in TX I can say the above as fact. I would be ashamed and shut my mouth if God forbid I was born a aggie.
  • Just get to a BCS Bowl game?  1999 Sugar Bowl

Did you actually graduate from LSU?  Just curious.
  • EggerinLA
    edited September 2012
    75-37- 5 record against Texas 41-24-3 aggies record against the Hogs Equals Pwned Do something you are good at like pimping your food blog. Sad you had to bring this to an Egg forum, but what do you expect from a classless aggie fan.
  • EggerinLA
    edited September 2012
    Record against lsu 27-20 Damn. Do you guys have a winning record against anyone besides Rice?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Just get to a BCS Bowl game?  1999 Sugar Bowl

Quit feeding the troll while you still can. They get too big to flush after a while.
  • Quit feeding the troll while you still can. They get too big to flush after a while.

Done
  • EggerinLA
    edited September 2012
    Just get to a BCS Bowl game?  1999 Sugar Bowl

Quit feeding the troll while you still can. They get too big to flush after a while.

Excuse me? He brought up football and like politics it can get heated. This is an Egg forum not a sports one. Troll? Tough behind a keyboard.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Done

:))