Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Holiday Cooking Begins

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ribsstart1.JPG
<p />It's 101 degrees outside here but that's not stopping us from getting started with holiday bbq. Got a snack-size portion of baby backs on the Medium. Trying the method from the Dizzy Pig site. Will post results.[p]Cheers![p]TRex

Comments

• LasVegasMac
    LasVegasMac Posts: 183
    Options
    TRex, doing likewise. Only not on the BGE - OMG!!!![p]I've had the rotissery bug for about a month now. Dusted off the CB840, rotissery hardware and got busy.[p]Basket full of wings. Self baste, around and around - yummy. Been too long.[p]I was at ACE Hardware this morning to pick up a couple of things, next thing I knew I was in the grilling department. Just like a moth to the light. Anyway, noticed a small bag of "lump charcoal" - 8 lbs., $5. Different brand - Blackwood Canyon. Ok.[p]I looked on TNW's database, has the review but says not available yet (Mar 2004) and only 5 reviews. I opened this bag and about fell over - two chucks on top, bigger than my fist. That was all I used from the bag. Poked around a bit, looks like all decent size chunks. When I turned the bag over in the store, I did not hear a lot of stuff moving so I knew there was not much small stuff.[p]Now I have to do a proper test - in the BGE. That will be some ribs, tomorrow.[p]Four days of cooking! Other things cooking as well - now 104, supposed to hit 109 here today. Who needs charcoal?[p]Happy Egg'n,[p]LVM[p]

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    LasVegasMac,[p]Sounds like you have quite a lineup. I'd be interested to hear how that lump works out for you - good price.[p]Man I thought it couldn't get much hotter than it is here - no thank you on anything over 101![p]Stay cool,[p]TRex
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    LasVegasMac,[p]Dang. You should roast marshmallows one day by just putting them on sticks then holding out your arm for a few minutes.[p]Heeee,
    Cornfed