Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Missing my egg!

Options
LizzieSamps
LizzieSamps Posts: 894
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I had so many left overs from my first week that I am still eating them.  It has been exactly 1 weeks since making my 2 pork butts.  With left overs of spatch chicken, tri-tip, and PP.  We have been eating very well but miss cooking on the egg.  I think a food saver is in my future very soon  I want to get moving on pizza, that bacon explosion thing, and the smoked meatloaf that I have seen.  

I walk out to the patio and there she sits, just looking at me!

Comments

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    We usually give our leftovers to our neighbors so I can cook new every night!  On the few nights we do eat leftovers, I grill a dessert so I can at least smell the charcoal.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• LizzieSamps
    Options
    I talked so highly of the egg that good friends of mine bought one too, so last night we had ribs over there.  At least I got to help with temp control and calming everyone down when it was not going just as planned.  Of course it all turned out great, ya know the learning curve just threw him a bit!
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    Options
    Don't feel too bad now. I have two residences, and the eggs are only at one of them. We're at the farm on weekends, where I use the eggs, and at an apartment during the week. I'll cook enough to have leftovers for the week. Kind of opposite, I know, but the week days end up being so busy that this works for us.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    Options
    I bake a bread when I feel like cooking and we have enough leftover food
  • LizzieSamps
    Options
  • 10Driver
    10Driver Posts: 88
    Options
    I have felt the same way. I like to bake bread as well but haven't baked any since I got my egg. I'll have to start again so that I have a reason to use the egg.