Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ON ORDER

Options
HEAT
HEAT Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ALRIGHT EGGERS AFTER MUCH NAIL BITTING, PRODUCT COMPARISON, AND FORUM READING. I HAVE MY FIRST BGE ON ORDER WILL BE HERE IN A WEEK. I HOPE I WILL HAVE AS MUCH ENJOYMENT WITH IT AS YOU EGG HEADS HAVE. MY LOCAL DEALER SAID HE SHARPENED HIS PENCIL AS BEST HE COULD. IT ENDED UP BEING A LARGE BGE WITH ROLLER STAND FOR $615.00 TAX, TAG, TITLE. [I ASSEMBLE] BUT PLEASE IF YOU EVER SEE MY WIFE TELL HER THEY RUN AROUND A COUPLE OF HUNDRED BUCKS. IS THERE GOING TO BE ANY MUST HAVE ACCESSORIES TO GET TO BEGIN WITH.

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    heat, caps off, 615 out the door with a satnd is a good price. a daisy wheel top if it wasnt included, a remote thermometer, a platesetter for indirect cooks. A cast iron grate is real cool. An extral rool of gasket for your first melt down, and of course a Mapp gass torch set for lighting the lump. Dont read the manual.

• dublin
    dublin Posts: 140
    Options
    HEAT,
    Ash cleaner, grid lifter, beers, and a bally's membership.
    Welcome aboard.
    dublin

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    HEAT,
    Good ideas from the fine fellows below. Did you get some lump?
    A lot of meat.
    All caps drives us old guys crazy.[p]Mike

• Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Options
    HEAT, I thought that only women lied about how much things cost!!!!!!!! lmao because my husband thinks my large cost $500 with all the accessories that I have, and that my bbq guru was about $50!!!! Have fun with your egg. Your wife will love everthing you make. Just think, if you bought another one of those big, silver gass grills, how much you could pay. My husband just brags about the food that comes off of the BGE. I want to buy a small. I wander how much he'll think that costs!!!!!!!!!!!

• AndyBoy
    AndyBoy Posts: 11
    Options
    HEAT,[p]I have had my Egg for about a month. Got a large with indirect plate setter and a pizza stone. The BGE store here in Atlanta had a package price that included the daisy wheel, grill tool, ash remover and a bag of lump. You are definately going to want to get into cooking pizza's. You will not believe how good they are! There is a bit of a learning curve but you are in for a fun ride. Good luck and best wishes.
  • Fire in the Hole
    Options
    HEAT,[p]Now THAT is something to shout about!![p]:)

• Groundfish
    Groundfish Posts: 71
    Options
    HEAT,[p]my essentials are the maverick et-73 remote thermometer and the grid extender and an ash tool (an L shaped piece of metal will work). You will want wood chunks right away. you can use any old cake pan as a drip pan and it works for indirect cooking. as your wallet recovers you want the plate setter and pizza stone, and check out the lawn rangers tools. The thermopen thermometer is a nice luxury too. have fun.

• Unknown
    Options
    HEAT,[p]
    Hehe, you'll get grief about the CAPS. Welcome! I am a week old on my egg and it is amazing![p]Spincycle

• Unknown
    Options
    HEAT,[p]You got a deal! I just paid $699 for a large plus $77 for the nest this morning. No one around here was willing to make any deals and they all charge pretty much the same price. By the time I paid tax, added the ash tool and a platesetter, my total was almost $1K. :(
  • Unknown
    Options
    Saucy Sue,[p]Plus we hide everything in the back of the closet for a while so we can honestly answer 'no' if he asks, "Is that new?" [p]What I am planning to tell my hubby is first get him to estimate how much a nice steak dinner would cost if we ate out. ($100 since we always order the filets.) Then I will tell him the next 7 times I ask to go to the Edgewater for dinner (melt-in-your-mouth gorgonzola filet), he can say no and then we'll have broke even. ;)
  • Unknown
    Options
    tach18k,[p]Why do you say don't read the manual?[p]
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    Gwen, this will be the best money you ever spent...wait til you try it , you'll see.... The EGG is awesome!!

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Gwen,
    It is old and has little or no value.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Gwen,
    My wife believes I won one of my larges in a contest. Not really, she knows about my passion and doesn't care, as long as I cook 5 times a week.[p]Now the real question, how much does that golf club really cost? A good driver goes for over $500 these days. Fishing tackle, my gosh man, I spent over $200 on a crappie rod one time.[p]Heck, my new putter just cost over $150 but it was only $25.[p]Just having fun ladies.[p]So glad you are here to share eggsperiences.[p]Mike

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Gwen,[p]I wish I had a dollar every time I heard "Oh that thing, I've had that for a while". (in the back of the closet with the tags still on it).[p]Yep, been there, heard that. (grin)

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Unknown
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Oooo, I like that about winning it in a contest! Good one.[p]I used to also say, "My mom bought it for me." LOL Now we don't live anywhere near her, so that is out. Plus, I used to work and so had 'my own money.' Now I don't so it's harder to hide and I really just gave it all up. After 18+ years, I think he's on to me anyway. ;)
  • Groundfish
    Groundfish Posts: 71
    Options
    Gwen,
    if you cook according to the recipes that come with the egg you will be disappointed.

• 1shot1kill
    1shot1kill Posts: 136
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Hey my wife thinks I won mine in a contest too.. Oh wait a minute I did. hehehehehe!!
    Sorry just had to say that, I am still eggsited about it.I have never won anything in my life, and just yesterday, they were haveing a bookfair where I work and had a drawing for some book on Texas. Well I filled out the little card and won that too! I am buying a loto ticket tonight!! The EGG has totaly changed my life for the better.
    Happy Egging yall,
    Ryan

• HEAT
    HEAT Posts: 3
    Options
    o.k. no more big caps, my bad, its just where i work we have to holler to get things done sometimes. thats why i needed bge for those days that i leave here and get to go home prop my feets up and watch the sun sink into the west.
    cant wait to get pics of cooked items posted.

• Adrian B.
    Adrian B. Posts: 124
    Options
    Gwen, I got a deal on mine and had a couple of things thrown in "for free" but I still have over $1000 invested in mine. Like TN slagamater said, it is money well spent! I wish I invested other money this well.