Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Permatex Ultra vs Versachem Mega Copper

twlangan
twlangan Posts: 307
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm in the process of rounding up a Rutland gasket and silicone to hold it on. My stock gasket is about 50% gone in one spot and I want to have everything ready for the day I need to replace it. My local auto parts store only carries Versachem Mega Copper high heat silicone. Dude working the counter swears it is every bit as good as Permatex and has heard no complaints. Buuuut - that is auto, and not BGE. Searched some automotive forums and those guys don't seem to have an opinion either way. Wondering if anyone on here has tried the Versachem product and what their results have been?

I bought a tube of it anyhow. If nobody has tried it, I will and report back later this summer after I have put it through its paces. Local ACE store has my Rutland on order. I just love living in the boonies with small stores that don't stock a lot of stuff.  :)

Comments