Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

El Diablo lump?

Options
SandBilly
SandBilly Posts: 227
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Picked up a 40 Lb bag of this Mesquite lump today at Sam's for 14.95
Appears to to have nice large pieces. Does anyone have experience with it? Can't find it on Whiz's site.

Comments

• RichardBronosky
    Options
    No Lump at my Sam's Club. :((

I check all over the place this weekend. Publix was the best deal I could find.
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012
  • Roob
    Roob Posts: 9
    Options

I grilled with El Diablo lump this past weekend (my egg is in storage until the stand arrives, so I'm still grilling).  El Diablo burned cleanly, was hot, lasted a long time, and didn't leave an aftertaste on the chicken that I grilled.  I believe that El Diablo is the Soutwest  (I'm in Albuquerque) equivalent of another brand that Sam's club sells for the same price at other stores.  That brand name is "Best in the West".  100% mesquite/$15/40 lbs -  seems like the same thing as El Diablo.  

$15 for a 40 lb bag of lump is an incredible deal.  Only complaint is that some of the pieces are really large and need to be broken up - I'm talking pieces that are log shaped and about 12 inches long and 3 to 4 inches in diameter.