Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pics of my outside kitchen and cracked egg

Options
FrankieP
FrankieP Posts: 16
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
My egg is a mess, the insides are cracked and now the outside is cracked too. I wrote to BGE about the interior cracks and I never heard back from them. I hope to hear back about the exterior cracks. There is a pic of the stone kitchen I had built. It looks a tad messy from last nights pork roast and martini dinner. I love to cook out there. It's steps from my house kitchen which makes it very convenient.

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Beautiful grill island.  The bricks and stone top are classy.

Have you considered going through you're dealer first on the cracked stuff?
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• centex99
    centex99 Posts: 231
    Options
    Whats the grill under the cover... 
  • FrankieP
    Options
    Thanks, I really enjoy that outside set up. Under the cover is a charcoal grill, that I NEVER use. I use the gas burners all the time tho. Next time, no charcoal grill, just extra counter space. I did not call my dealer about the crack, but I will if I don't hear from the BGE people tomorrow. 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Great looking kitchen.  Got any rain protection?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• FrankieP
    Options
    Great looking kitchen.  Got any rain protection?
    you know, that has been an issue for me, lighting is also a problem. I wanted to build a pergola over the entire kitchen, but because it is angled, there would be a support column right in the middle of my counter space. I do not want that. I guess I messed up with my amateur design, not thinking rain protection and lighting while I was having the thing built...live and learn I guess. I still get great use of it and when it is raining....i put a rain coat on!!