Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Can Chicken

Options
JEC23
JEC23 Posts: 131
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
Quick lunch today of beer can chicken on the BGE

Rubbed with a Memphis rub mix from the Barbecue Bible

BGE set to 350

Chicken on

Note the burnt gasket  :cry:  Not too worry though as Alfresco kept up their high customer service standards and sent me out a new high heat gasket on next day delivery for free as covered under the warranty, will fit this next week.

Will test out my new Thermapan courtesy of ETI ltd on eBay as the cook progresses

Comments

• Rblument
    Rblument Posts: 27
    Options
    Looks awesome. Trying it for din tonite for the first time. Thinking of going 375-400? Thoughts? What's the purpose of the aluminum pan underneath? Did u put any herbs in the beer can? Presume u used direct heat and not the plate setter
  • JEC23
    Options
    I went for 350 indirect with the plate setter, I have a habit of knocking the chicken over and emptying the contents of the can into my fire, one day I will buy a stand.
  • jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    Options
    Hi JEC23 I'm surprised no one asked it yet so guess I will! Have you tried a spatchcocked chicken? It's my favourite way to cook em now.
  • JEC23
    Options
    Hello Jay, just have done it before but not for around 15 years!! Brings back bad memories of my chef training, I think my record was prepping nearly 100 in one day, still makes uncomfortable now just thinking about it. I'll man up again one day and give it a go, everything on the Egg tastes better, right!
  • jay75
    jay75 Posts: 153
    Options
    I get ya, that's a lot of meat to work! I totally agree, the egg makes everything taste better.