Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much did you pay for your Big Green Egg ?

Comments

• Got my large used off of Craigslist, with compact table......$200.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Granted I bought mine used, but I paid $125 for a medium with a rib rack, worn table, beer can chicken plug, grate pliers and 2 ceramic feet. I have since spent $188 for Eggccessories and $18 on one bag of lump.....
    :D
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • peterp2
    peterp2 Posts: 13
    Started this post to see if I was giving a great deal to my customers. Let me know what you think. XL with nest,bag of lump,ash tool and delivery and set up with in 20 miles of my store plus 10% off any eggcesories. Sale price $ 1099.00.
    Large with nest bag of lump,ash tool, delivery and set up plus 10% off any eggcesories. Sale price $ 799.00
    Mini with nest , bag lump,ash tool and set up. Sale price $ 379.00. ( sorry village idiot)
    Can't remember small or medium prices. Know I was $ 70.0 more than Costco but with bag lump,ash tool,delivery & set up. Plus 10% off. Do you egg heads think this is fair pricing.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I'd buy the XL twice for that price. My dealer got me due to ignorance but, I have bad mouthed his business to everyone I know. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • XL in North Dallas $1300 included plate setter, egg mates, nest, ash tool, bge charcoal, fire starters and gripper.  Had a sale that gave you $250 worth of eggcessories... wife spent $400 on the $250 so it cost me an additional $150..so much for the sale....msot useless purchase was the recipe book, looks good but nothing in it...(tried to tell her about the forum...didn't' work)

for Crhistmas bought a mini for $300 with nest..had to buy a small ash tool later...

am picking up a medium in Salado this weekend...dont care what it costs...have to finish the nest...

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    edited March 2012
    $990 up here in Chicago for Large, Nest, Wings, Plate Setter, Baking Stone, and 20# bag of lump. Included setup and delivery.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    I have two dealers both 70 miles in opposite directions from my hometown. I called them both for a price check on a large and they both said BGE does not allow them to negotiate said price(780.00) for a large with no accessories, nest-nothing. I've later figured out they are FOS. I will go elsewhere in the future.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I have two dealers both 70 miles in opposite directions from my hometown. I called them both for a price check on a large and they both said BGE does not allow them to negotiate said price(780.00) for a large with no accessories, nest-nothing. I've later figured out they are FOS. I will go elsewhere in the future.
    Thats the same BS I got fed. ( I didnt know about the forum till it was too late.)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited March 2012
    yep! I wish peterp2 made this thread 1 month ago.  Oh well, after my table is done, budget is officially out the window.  Plus, the accessories keep adding up...oh and the meat and rubs too.  haha  I love it and it's the best tasting hobby i've ever had.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • ChuckGGa
    ChuckGGa Posts: 115
    edited March 2012
    3 larges...2 smalls. 2 of the larges via craigslist. $350 average each. Great shape. One came w plate setter, pizza stone, vertical roasters (2) and a drip pan. The third was new, from local ace hardware. 699 w nest, gripper, ash tool and a bag of charcoal. The smalls, one was used for 250 and one was brand new (missing the daisy wheel top) off the floor of a local pawn shop,,,, for $150.

8 Green Eggs...I have a problem, ha ha!   1-XL; 2-L, 2-Med; 2-Sm; 1-Mini.       

• centex99
    centex99 Posts: 231
    I got my used XL off CL for $450 with platesetter, nest, and side tables... got a table/cover for it the next day (bge brand) for $50!  Only thing I'm missing is the green damper...
  • I am looking to purchase an egg.  i was told a large egg was $895, and an xl was $1195.  Just the egg, not a nest or anything else.  Does this seem right or does it seem a little high?  Boise, Idaho area.

Thanks from the newbie

• Traded even used deer rifle for new Large BGE ,nest,charcoal, assembled and delivered, tax included in Camden,Al. Both dealer and new owner were happy!
  • Forrest2906, the caveat on this thread is that the price greatly varies by date purchased.  I believe 2011 list price for a large was $869.  Prices were increased for 2012 - so that list may be correct.

That said, actual pricing varies by dealer and location and can include things for free like assembly, delivery, a 20# bag of lump, ash tool, etc.

I would think that at a minimum you should be able to get the egg, 20# bag of lump, fire starters for the list price - that's a very common deal.  Your best leverage, however, is to contact other local dealers and see what their prices are. 

I was able to get my large w/lump, ash tool, grid lifter for 780+ tax after some negotiation (that's down from $869 list).

• XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    edited March 2012

XL- nest - wings(wood) -vented cover - 20lb lump - three feet from a lbge - firestarters

$1000.00 + tax-Delivered to my home and set on my back deck.

Wilford Propane  Orange Park FL. 32073

More meat please !! :-)
  • Ryan0526
    Ryan0526 Posts: 5
    A tad over $1900 for the xl bge with nest, 20 lb bag of lump and plate setter. Tax included.
  • Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Hi Ryan, You aren't in Canada by any chance?
  • 20% off msrp for large egg, platesetter, lump, and ash tool - in Columbia, SC.  went to college with the dealer
  • Garlic
    Garlic Posts: 40
    XL, ash tool, fire starters, bag of bge lump and a lifetime addiction all for $900 plus tax in July of 2011.
    My only regret with the purchase was not doing it sooner.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    20% off msrp for large egg, platesetter, lump, and ash tool - in Columbia, SC.  went to college with the dealer
    Which dealer in Columbia. That where I am. We are in dire need of someone to stock BGE eggsessories, rubs, etc.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • windnsea26
    windnsea26 Posts: 159
    $899 for:
    • Large Egg
    • Next
    • Egg Mates
    • Ash tool
    • 1 bag charcoal
    San Diego, CA
  • Rsal
    Rsal Posts: 6
    I bought mine in Sept 2011 for $849.95, then they through in $85 dollars worth of accessories on my choice.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Can't tell you. My wife's friend works at a place that sells them, so I got it at cost plus an employee family discount on top of that. :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• mizeatl
    mizeatl Posts: 13
    I don't know - my wife got it for me for Christmas a couple months ago.  I must admit that I have been wondering.
  • Ryan0526
    Yes I am in Canada.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited March 2012
    A tad over $1900 for the xl bge with nest, 20 lb bag of lump and plate setter. Tax included.
    Holy Lump!  I paid less for an XL and a L.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• TBonez
    TBonez Posts: 10
    I think the folks at Costco are crooks for knowingly selling something that doesn't have a warrranty or manufacture support of any kind and not disclosing it. I own three Eggs 2 larges and a Mini. Love them and will never be without again but I have had both firebox's replaced under warranty and a local dealer who takes good care of me on all of the Eggcessories that I buy.   
  • Stoater
    Yes I am in Canada.
    Hi Ryan,

I knew it, you live in rip off land just like me, ah.. well if its as good as all these good people say say i'd pay that too, no problem.  Living on the border though it does make me think about buying one state side and floating it over the falls and collecting downstream it in niagara on the lake.
  • Ryan0526
    I shopped around and believe it or not that was the better price I found. It was worth it to me. I haven't used my gas grill once since getting my egg.
  • Stoater
    Hi Tweev_tip,

I am in the Beamsville, Ontario area.