Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you guys cook your pork loins direct or indirect?

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Believe it or not, this is my first time doing a pork loin (done plenty of tenderloins). Should I do this direct at 350ish or go indirect and let her roast for a while?[p]Thanks![p]TRex

Comments

• Peanut
    Peanut Posts: 75
    Options
    TRex,
    I did both at the Txfest. I stuffed the porkloin using Chef Wil's suggestions. I poured mango chutney once cooked then layered chopped macadamian nuts. I did them with the help of 2 nice guys. We did them direct at 350 - 400. I had a hard time regulating the fire. I think I needed to have added some more lump because there was not much in the Egg when I got done. Hope that helps but remember...I am no chef. LOL.
    Ninfa

• Michael L
    Michael L Posts: 26
    Options
    TRex,
    I do mine on a small with a raised grid direct. I turn them pretty often--I judge this by peeking--to avoid burning.
    Mike

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    TRex,
    I like to do big ol' loins direct, but I think 350 is gonna be a bit too hot. Raised grate at 300 is my favorite. Roasting is fine, but you won't get the crust.[p]Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Michael L
    Michael L Posts: 26
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Howdy Chris. Yep, 350 might be too hot, unless you keep a real close eye on it. 300 is probably a bit safer.
    Michael Little

• TRex
    Options
    Will let you know how it turns out . . .[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Options
    Very good results. Sorry, no pics as this was a last-minute man everyone's hungry kind of deal - as soon as it came off the Egg it was getting served up.[p]I did a paste-rub with olive oil, char crust, cinnamon, turbinado, paprika, and cumin. Cooked to 135 internal. Good stuff. Will try to fruit stuffing deal next time.[p]TRex