Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Papa Murphy's

Options
chill243
chill243 Posts: 131
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I had never had a Papa Murphy bf, but thought it would be easier on Super Bowl Sunday.  It was ok, I think home made ones would be MUCH better on the BGE.  JMO

Comments

• Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    Options
    Never heard of Papa Murphy before this post.  Looks good on Google.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options

I have neveer done a home-made pizza, but do Pappa Murphey about three times a month.

That is #1 with me!

L-)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Just checked it online, and that is a really cool concept.  Issue with me it is in MD and I live in NJ, but good luck to the firm.  Pretty cool stuff.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Papa Murphy's is good and cheap, works well when you are short on time, beats Dominoes or Pizza Slut by a mile, but still can't compare to home made. I get them every once in awhile, though.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• tdbmd
    tdbmd Posts: 46
    Options
    We do a couple a month, now doing them on the Egg, so I think they are a bit better now!
  • JayHawkEye
    Options
    Papa Murphy's is quick and easy (as is Costco, Sam's, etc.) and my family likes any pizza on the grill. But for a little more effort (emphasis on little) we like to pick up a dough ball from our local pizzeria. Super quick, super easy and they even roll it out for me.
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • pab
    pab Posts: 273
    Options
    I have found that many locally owned pizza shops will sell you a take and bake (unbaked) pizza. You do not have to go to the big chains. I like the pizza from the small shops best. I get one every week and cook it on top of my Egg's grill extender from CGS. If you have a local shop you favor, give them a call.
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Hazaaa
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hazaaa
    You Are Evil.    :D  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...