Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Those JD manhattans

Options
IrishDevl
IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I cooked pizza tonight, hot/sweet sausage pie.  A total disaster, wife had me talking and manhattans clouded my timing.  Bottom
of crust was unedible - charred, and we had a mozzarella party - scraped the mozz and sausage off the top.  One of the disasters of egg cooking....  Give me some more so I feel better.

Comments

• losttree
    Options
    I burnt my felt gasket while cooking pizzas a couple of weeks back and the pizzas picked up the burnt fell smell.  We pitched 3 disgusting tasting but well cooked pizzas and ended up making frozen pizzas on the Pizzazz instead.  Worse still, my wife was paranoid for a few meals afterwards that the food still had a chemical smell.  I think she's still suspicious.
    Adam
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    Been there more than a couple times.  I think pizzas are the hardest thing to master on the egg because there are so many variables (temperature of egg, temperature of pizza stone, type of crust, amount of toppings, etc.).
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Went through this yesterday with some friends over and some IPA's. As mentioned in "Pizza 911" got the Egg TFH to start with, had targeted 600F and thought it was stable so went to make pies only to see it had reached 750F by the time we were ready to start cooking. Lowered the dome down to 600F but the stone stayed too hot and burnt three of them, one 'non-peelable'. So, took the stone out, let it cool for a while, brought dome down to 450F put the stone back in and perfect pizzas after. If it wasn't for those IPAs things really could have gotten out of hand! Next time no more than 500F on the dome and if she goes over we'll cool the stone some and lower her back down to less than 500F before giving it another go. Goo Goo Ga Joob!
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    EWI, egging while intoxicated...