Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

firebrick splits what size?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Great forum!
New egg on the way! Tring to get the accessories lined up
and I'm almst there.... just need a little help on what
size firebrick would be most useful in the large egg. Thanks for any help. Really looking fwd to this! Phil

Comments

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Hi NEWEGG,
    I use 2 - 2X4X8 (approx.)cut in half & 4 - 1X4X8.
    I use the half 2X4's to elevate the second grill & the 1X4's for an indirect cook. Pizza stone would prolly be simpler but I never do anything the easy way when I can make it more difficult, just my nature.
    bruce

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    NEWEGG,
    they are relatively cheap, buy a few whole (2x4x8) and a few split (1x4x8). i dont own a platesetter, but those that do may not use the bricks at all

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    IMG_0289.jpg
    <p />NEWEGG, since we don't know where you live let me post yet another alternative. Pictured here is an unused and a well used fire brick which came from Menard's. They measure 4.5 x 9 x 1.25 and come 8 to a box for about $9.00. Don't say you don't need 8 of them as 4 is a nice number and then iffin you think friends will follow your lead in buying BGEs these bricks make "cool" housewarming gifts!!!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    RRP,
    The ones I use are twice as thick as these. About a buck each as well. I found them at a concrete supply place when I was purchasing pavers for the new patio. I went with the larger size because the price difference was minimal.[p]Dennis

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    RRP,[p]These are the size I use. When I do use them, I put 3 on their sides to support a second grate and 3 laid flat on the bottom grate. A drip pan on top is also desireable.
    JimW