Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison the the BGE ?

bschroed
bschroed Posts: 29
edited December 2011 in Cookbook
Hey , have any good recipes to share with venison on the BGE. I have 2 front shoulders, and wanting to do something on the egg with them. Anyone ever none this ?

Comments

• grok
    grok Posts: 32
    hey I just came for the same reason.  Well.. I have steaks and I think a shoulder, and some stew meat
  • As far as steaks I soak mine submeRged in Coke overnight then the next day. That will loosen the connective tissue and allow the blood to escape. Season with garlic pepper and lawreys wrap with a layer of bacon and cook at 500 till bacon is real crisp then the venison is done to medium rare. As far as shoulder roast that's done in a crock pot.soak in coke add to crockpot add 2 cup of h2o couple beef bullion cubes season withe minced garlic, Italian season, lawreys, take some pepperchinis throw in there and add 1/4of the juice from the jar cook all day till falls off bone shred take hoagie buns butter and toast add deer and sum mots cheese and broil till cheese is melted! This is the best Italian deer you will ever have. Add a couple bay leafs too
  • Oh yeah forgot onions too.