Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wood Smoking Pellets

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have found a web site that sells wood pellets for smoking. No soaking required and they work better than wood chips. They have hickory, mesquite, cherry, oak, apple, alder, pecan, maple, and pecan. The web site is http://www.outdoorhome.com I discovered these pellets at a BBQ store in Tulsa, OK and will not go back to wood chips. Let me know how well you like them. Kent

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Kent Charles, I have heard of the big time heavy duty smoker chefs using em. And liking em. Hope they work out for ya. I even heard a rumor that they have a auger delivery to the cookers..keeps the fire perking along. Now I gotta drill a big hole in the side of my BGE to keep up with the Jones Boys..:-)
    (I am kidding I hope...)
    C~W[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Kent Charles,[p]I tried them - didn't like them. Don't add water or you'll have sawdust pudding. They just seemed too small to smoke at anything less than the Egg's very lowest attainable temps. I prefer chips or chunks.[p]Tim
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    LMAO!
    context is important :)