Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wanting to buy an egg

medic119
medic119 Posts: 80
edited October 2011 in EGGtoberfest

Can somebody tell me what all eggtras you have to purchase to make your egg complete?  Does it come with the fire box, fire ring and plate setter?

Thanks for your input.  I cannot wait to get my first egg.

Thomas Bubba's BBQ and Harris Family Catering Pigs on the Run Competition BBQ Team Medic-Que BBQ Team, LBGE, Party Q

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    No plate setter. I personally wouldn't buy a plate setter again I would go to ceramicgrillstore.com and get the adjustable rig package and it will cover any set up you will ever need.
  • I just bought a large.  Dealer said there was a "package deal"...BGE, table, plate setter, ash tool, grid, charcoal and wax lighters, maybe a couple other small items.  I wanted the table so I went for the pkg.  Total was $1,000.
  • Don't worry about place setters or other accessories, especially if you are coming from gas.  Just get the egg and get started.  Add the other stuff later.  Wait til you taste the difference.
  • hoppy
    hoppy Posts: 16
    I just bought a large.  Dealer said there was a "package deal"...BGE, table, plate setter, ash tool, grid, charcoal and wax lighters, maybe a couple other small items.  I wanted the table so I went for the pkg.  Total was $1,000.

This is pretty much what we bought and paid for back in 2006.

Mine came with the large egg, draft door, temp gauge, spring assist hinge,slide metal top, 20 lbs of lump coal, plate setter, V-rack for ribs, large wooden table, wax lighter sticks, ash tool, grill gripper, seasonings, DVD, and a cook book.

We paid $975.00 back then.

• ribmaster
    ribmaster Posts: 209

"have to purchase".....nothing.

Need and want are completely different story.

I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
  • You will need steak, ribs, pork butts, chicken, brisket, and a lot of charcoal.
  • I cannot wait to get it.  I am saving up my cash.
    Thomas Bubba's BBQ and Harris Family Catering Pigs on the Run Competition BBQ Team Medic-Que BBQ Team, LBGE, Party Q
  • bghiii
    bghiii Posts: 25
    edited November 2011
    Plate setter or adjustable rig and a good thermometer. I like the remote with two probes. You're gonna love that egg. "Best investment' I've made in years.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    edited November 2011

Get a plate setter, ash tool, and a raised grid to start off with.
    After that you will find the uncontrollable urge to buy things like the
    adjustable rig, pizza stone, wireless probes, a BBQ guru digi Q, a tel-tru instant read
    thermometer, cast iron grate, fire proof gloves, smoking woods, well
    you get the picture :D

Also you may like the turbo grate from BBQ GURU. Right now every one is
    going crazy over another replacement charcoal grate that I can't
    remember the name for but I believe the holes are to big and
    let to much charcoal fall through.

Have FUN!

• I just bought a large.  Dealer said there was a "package deal"...BGE, table, plate setter, ash tool, grid, charcoal and wax lighters, maybe a couple other small items.  I wanted the table so I went for the pkg.  Total was $1,000.

This is pretty much what we bought and paid for back in 2006.

Mine came with the large egg, draft door, temp gauge, spring assist hinge,slide metal top, 20 lbs of lump coal, plate setter, V-rack for ribs, large wooden table, wax lighter sticks, ash tool, grill gripper, seasonings, DVD, and a cook book.

We paid $975.00 back then.

I have no regrets. Purchased my XL 2 weeks ago. I got the Xl, Ash Tool, Plate Setter, Billy Brush, 2 Pc Cast Iron Grill, 20Lbs Lump, XL Baking Stone, Grill Gripper. No Table but I paid $970 out the door. 

• I have no regrets. Purchased my XL 2 weeks ago. I got the Xl, Ash Tool, Plate Setter, Billy Brush, 2 Pc Cast Iron Grill, 20Lbs Lump, XL Baking Stone, Grill Gripper. No Table but I paid $970 out the door. 

Dang man, that is a good deal.  Where was that?  You came out pretty good.  Nieeeece.

'
    Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.