Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

6lb Brisket

Options
PapaMoose
PapaMoose Posts: 8
edited October 2011 in Root
I have a 6lb Brisket that I am going to smoke this weekend. This is my first Brisket and my first big smoke on my BGE, so I need some advice. If anyone could help me out with the time it will take, Temp I need it at, and any other helpful hints would be great. Also, a 6lb Brisket will fit in my Large BGE right?

Comments

• Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    edited October 2011
    Options
    6 lbs brisket will fit fine in a Lg. I did a 10 lbs whole packer a few weeks back. You want to cook it at 250 dome till the brisket gives really easy when putting it in and taking it out, it should be around 195. Cook to temp, not by time, but 1.5 hours per pound is around average. It's better to be done early and dwell in a cooler than be late and keep hungry people waiting.

Check out Third Eyes Cooking site as well as Bubba Tim's site. I found both sites to be very helpful for learning about brisket cooks. (click the word site for the link).

"Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • PapaMoose
    Options
    Thanks alot for the tips and the links. My first Brisket turned out great.
  • Spoon
    Spoon Posts: 328
    Options
    @PapaMoose Glad the links helped, I know they did for me, and glad the brisket turned out. Stick around and post. We love to hear about cooks, even better when they have pictures.
    "Pork so tender you can pull it with a spoon." ~Spoon
  • PapaMoose
    Options
    Ill take pictures next time. I hope to do one for Thanksgiving. I now trying to figure out what I should try on my BGE next.