Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza HELP!!!

Options
melsey
melsey Posts: 3
edited August 2011 in EggHead Forum
Ok fellow Eggheads I need help.......the XL BGE is heating up and I have seen so many pizza recipes my head is spinning. This is what I have: Fresh tomatoes, green peppers, mozzeralla sp?, mushrooms. pizza crust mix (betty crocker) basil, italian seasonings, corn meal. Can whoever is online right now help? Guide me oh biggreenegg Obi-Wan Kenobi's!!!!

Comments

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I don't know what kind of help you are seeking but I would put some chopped onions, black olives, and some Jimmy Dean Hot sausage on it if you have some. Cook indirect on an elevated pizza stone until browned and cheese is melted. Good luck.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    Options
    Do you have a stone and/or a pizza peel? Put your stone on the egg to heat up. Stretch out your dough. Put some corn meal on the pizza peel. Put dough on peel. Add toppings. Slide onto hot stone. You'll need a good quick jerk to get the pizza off the peel, and a lot of corn meal helps (I use semolina flour myself, but either will do).

There isn't much of a trick to making pizza unless you get the thing stuck on your peel.
  • melsey
    Options
    Thanks Spring Hen!!! What temp?
  • melsey
    Options
    I do have a pizza stone Daddyo!!! Thanks!!!
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    edited August 2011
    Options
    We do ours at 450 - 500
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    I like to make sure that I have pre heated my stone at about 500 before I add the pie. Then it is just a waiting game, remember that Pizzas can cook QUICK and watch how close your crust is the edge or it will be Cajun crust, you know blackened.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.