Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Kabobs Are Easy

Options
TNT54
TNT54 Posts: 40
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Beef Kabobs: Beef tenderloin, sweet onion, bell pepper, potato, and tomato.

Partially pre-cook potatoes for 10 min in boiling water. Lightly oil everything with olive oil, then salt and pepper to taste. Grill at 450 for about 4-5 min per side, 8-10 min total.

Ready to cook:

IMGkabobsbeforecook3.jpg?t=1310393953

On the grill:

IMGkabobsonegg1809.jpg?t=1310393517

Rest for a couple of minutes:

IMGkabobsofffire1801.jpg?t=1310393557

Plated with tabouleh side:

IMGplatedkabobs1820.jpg?t=1310393701

Cheers,

T.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    T that looks very good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    What is tabouleh?

Kabobs look great!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• TNT54
    TNT54 Posts: 40
    Options
    Tabouleh is a middle-eastern salad that is traditionally made from finely-chopped parsley, bulgur, tomato, cucumber, green onion, olive oil and lemon juice. Sometime there's mint in it. You can use quinoa instead of bulgur. I think it's nice and light and fresh tasting.

T.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    TNT54 wrote:
    Tabouleh is a middle-eastern salad that is traditionally made from finely-chopped parsley, bulgur, tomato, cucumber, green onion, olive oil and lemon juice. Sometime there's mint in it. You can use quinoa instead of bulgur. I think it's nice and light and fresh tasting.

T.

Thanks, it looks & sounds good!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    nice!

all you're missing is humus and pita bread and you're golden :)
    context is important :)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That looks great! That is a crazy coincidence because my just brought home some Taboule salad from Bj's (Cedar's). The stuff is great! I was wondering what to serve it on the side of. K-bobs are a great idea.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    Those kabobs look great.