Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday night tri-tips.

transversal
transversal Posts: 719
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
These things are getting to be a Saturday night regular on my Egg. Using my CGS spider and small CIG, I gill'em to about 135 internal, rest them about 15 minutes, slice and serve them. They are absolutely delicious and I think they beat the taste of a strip and are a lot more economical. I apologize for no plated pics, but we were starved when they came off.

IMG-20110709-00023.jpg

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Nice looking hunks of meat.
  • transversal
    Mark, I think they are one of the best beef values at the butcher's counter. They really came out well. I haven't had a bad one yet.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Jack, the other nice thing about a tri-tip - especially where a family is involved - is with the varying thickness. One piece of meat most often has every level of doneness to suit people. The thick will be medium rare to the thin being well done and varying points in between!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • transversal
    True, Ron. Such was the case last night. And by the way, everyone.....and I do mean everyone.... really seems to enjoy the Cow Lick as a seasoning. It just seems like the perfect complement to the beef. We had the tri tips with some creole tomatoe salads last night.....as simple as it sounds, it was one of the most memorable meals that I can remember in many a moon. Hope all is well your way, friend.
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    If you go to Eggs by the bay web site. There is a recipe there here you put the tri tip on at 550-600. Sear pull it off let it rest and put it back on as the egg cools off. Cook to temperature. Unbelievable.