Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

July 4th cook

Options
mxdad
mxdad Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For the 4th I decided to run my Egg through its paces as I was only a week into being a new egg owner. I cooked two 8lb butts for a party on Sat that turned out well. For Monday I did two 7s that turned out equally as well.

7ba66638.jpg

Next on the agenda was pizzas, I failed to get a pic of either pizza but they turned out great for my first attempt. I had one ball of dough left over and wrapped it in plastic wrapped, put in fridge. I took it out yesterday and decided to use it for a bread. Added a little EVOO, some mozzarella and parmigiano-reggiano along with fresh basil. So here is the bread from last night
c5c7f3fe.jpg

After the pizza on the 4th came Jalapeno poppers stuffed with a mixture of deer sausage and cream cheese. My pepper holder handles 20 I had a few more that I stuck in there and several fell off but turned out just as good
ab778246.jpg

After the peppers came shrimp.This pic is after they came off the grill and were resting inside for serving
4c3d84b7.jpg

Last was desert time, homemade ice cream with banana fosters served over the top
c5fae8a1.jpg

I am loving this egg

Comments

• Chuck222
    Chuck222 Posts: 67
    Options
    You must have been hungry! Seriously. it all looks great. I haven't done the butts yet but I'm a big fan of pizza on the egg. I agree, everything seems to taste better when cooked over a flame in the Egg.

Best,

Chuck L.
  • mxdad
    mxdad Posts: 47
    Options
    Yep Chuck we were some hungry folks LOL. I had several people over as well as a few friends of my son that are bottomless pits. We had the pulled pork around to eat as you wanted and the others I served up about every hour to nibble on. My goal for that day was to use several different temps and techniques to try to learn as much as I could about the egg