Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Dough Using Antimo Caputo “00”

Options
Devil'D Egg
Devil'D Egg Posts: 79
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Over the years our family has made home-made pizza. We would experiment with making our own pizza sauce, but always used the same pizza dough recipe that was in the instruction/recipe booklet of the Kitchen Aid mixer we purchased.

One of my first cooks on the BGE was pizza. For my inaugural BGE pizza I used “Spin’s” New York style pizza dough recipehttp://www.nakedwhiz.com/thermometer/spinspizza.htm. The family raved about the pizza cooked on the BGE. With positive feedback I decided to explore pizza dough recipes.

Searching the internet I continued to find references to Antimo Caputo “00” flour from Italy. Caputo “00” refers to how finely ground the flour is. Some pizza dough recipes use 100% Caputo “00” and others suggest a blend. Being over zealous, I decided to give Antimo Caputo “00” a try and opted to blend 1 part Antimo Caputo “00” with 2 parts flour.

The results were outstanding!

PizzaMargarette.jpg

Pizza Margherita

PepperoniandBlackOlives.jpg

Pepperoni and Black Olives

Each pizza was cooked at 550° for 8 minutes.

In my first attempt, I thought using the kalamata olives resulted in the pizza being a little too salty. I wasn’t sure if it was the kalamata olives or the homemade pizza sauce. This time I decided to use my old standby pizza sauce, Pastorelli Pizza Sauce. The result was more balanced.

Comments