Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ'd Porkchops on DmBGE

Options
Peterplant76
Peterplant76 Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Yall,

Hope all of yall are eggin' it up back in the states. We are using the this mini to death. All together we must of put about 20 hours of use on it since we got it in the mail.

Our last Sunday BBQ'in consisted of Italian dressing marinated porkchops with REAL mash potatos (Thanks SSG Layton :-) ). Cooked about 45 porkchops in a few hours. They were some big porkchops so I only could fit about 3 on at a time. So posted down below are some pics from the weekly Sunday BBQ.

One of the Afghans got me a water boiler. They use it to boil the water to make Chai (tea). It is just a heating element mainly. I used it to crank up the lump. It worked really well but the only draw back was that the plastic handle started to melt :pinch: So going to fix that soon.

P6260882.JPG

Big ole pan of pork chops
P6260883.JPG

Happy Customers!
P6260887.JPG

P6260884.JPG

P6260900.JPG

P6260901.JPG

P6260902.JPG

Singing for Joy and the porkchops. :laugh:
P6260906.JPG

Looking good!
P6260911.JPG

While we were cooking we got mail in. I got this spice/sauces care package in from Ms. Elizabeth (Empressyaya). Just want to say THANK YOU to her from all of us. We put on some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce on a few porkchops. The Soldiers loved it!
P6260889.JPG

P6260890.JPG

Well this Friday the Soldiers will be eating HAMBURGERS! Last time we cooked 20ish now we are going to cook 50! Should be fun times!

Take Care,

Comments

• Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Options
    Great to see that the Egg brings smiles anywhere it makes an appearance!

Post your address again. I'd love to put a package together for the cause.

Ken
  • PineTree
    PineTree Posts: 53
    Options
    That is awesome. Love the picture of "singing for joy and the porkchops". B) Thanks for all you do.
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Options
    Awesome pics, take lots of care.

A whole new corps err, crop of eggers around the world ;)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    love it, love it, love it!! :P looks like you are getting some reg customers LOL glad you are all enjoying it so much.
  • Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    Options
    awesome job! chops look great, I noticed in your tag line, "sweet home Alabama". What part of the state are you from?
  • Peterplant76
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. Since we are a small FOB you will see alot of the same people. Some of the Soldiers that can't make it out there we cook for and send the food their way. Works pretty well.

Roll Tide: I am from Eufaula, AL. About hour north of Dothan and hour South of Columbus, GA. How about yourself?
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    I'm impressed! Great job on the chops. The mini is a great little cooker and it looks like you're making the most of it over there.
    We all appreciated the job you are doing over there.
  • Roll Tide
    Roll Tide Posts: 505
    Options
    I know Eufala, not well, but I have been through it a time or two. I live in the northeast corner of AL, Fort Payne.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Chris - delighted to see that the first package made it. If you can get your hands on fresh pineapple, slice and sprinkle with the Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head - it's good! The pics that you are posting of your cooks and the enjoyment the egg is bringing to you and your fellow soldiers is fantastic. Keep on egging! :kiss:

Roll Tide!
  • Peterplant76
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great comments about the cook outs. The Soldiers are really getting into them. Its great to just relax and hang out for a little while each week.

Roll Tide: Ole Ft. Payne. I went to college (AUBURN UNIVERSITY WAR EAGLE!) with a buddy from there. I am not sure how big Ft. Payne is but do you know a Brad Sprayberry?

Elzbth: Thanks for the support Elizabeth. We cooked hamburgers today. Added some of that dizzy dust to a batch of them along with the Sweet Babby Rays BBQ sauce. DELICIOUS. Alot of great comments on them. Thanks again for all of the spices.

Take Care,