Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elliot's Hardware in Plano

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've noticed that so often these days, the only time people go online to talk/review a place, its because they had a negatie experience and they want to complain. Rarely do people go online and rave about how great a place is.

So to rectify that somewhat, I would like to tell you about my experience this weekend when I went to Elliot's Hardware in Plano....it was AWESOME!! I have nothing bad to say about them and only good things. Elliot's is one of the few places here in Big D that carries Dizzy Pig rubs and I needed to restock my Coarse Dizzy Dust as well as pick up some new flavors. They had all of them in stock (I'm pretty sure), and I picked up Jamaican Firewalk and some Swamp Venom.

I was also impressed with their stock in grills and smokers. They had plenty of Big Green Eggs in stock...minis, mediums, larges and x-larges as well as tables and all the accessories to go with them. And I couldn't help but go over and examine the Weber Ranch Kettle. Man that thing is huge! They also had some other grills and smokers and gassers, but I really didn't look at them. :roll:

I think one of the most impressive things about our experience was an employee there by the name of Alec. Apparently I met him once, last November at the Plano Eggfest.....and he recognized me and new my name and my handle that I use here!! And my wife as well. We were in complete amazement.

And on the way out, they had fired up an egg and were cooking on it outside to demo it to customers coming in. I will defeitely be going back there to fullfill my grilling needs.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• egginator
    egginator Posts: 569
    Don't forget that they have Ozark oak cheaper than anyone in town. Other than that I agree with everything you said. I bought my egg years ago at a small fireplace shop in Allen. Every time I go in there they act like they are doing me a favor to even talk to me. I've become a big Elliot's fan.

Ed
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    When I lived in Dallas I used to go to Elliot's on Maple Ave. near downtown all the time. It's the best hardware store I have ever been in. I will have to stop in the Plano store sometime and pick up some Dizzy Pig rubs.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I do demo cooks 2-3 times a month at Elliotts in Plano. I'm a friend of Alec..I hope!..and I'm always amazed at how he and his crew, Wess,Nestor and Collin treat the customers. They sell over 300 eggs a year! If you ever have a warranty issue, they are the ones to see. I was in there the other day and they had 4 pallets of Ozark Oak. This place is unbelievable. :)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Yeah, they were telling me that if you buy 10 bags, you get a discount and if you buy a pallet your get a bigger discount. He said that there are a bunch of guys that go in on a pallet. I wouldn't mind joining in on that deal.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Clavin
    Clavin Posts: 91
    I think I know which shop in Allen you are talking about.

I bought my Egg (which is currently cruising along at 250 degrees dome, cooking my first butt, which is currently at 182 degrees on its 14 and a half hour mark)
    at Elliots a year and a half ago.

Its like walking back in time when customer service was actually a priority.

My father in law introduced me to the store, its one of his favorites. Of course another of his favorites is a place called Harbor Freight which sells cheap hardware from China..... I hate that store.
  • Clavin
    Clavin Posts: 91
    What do they get for a bag (8lbs?) of OzOak? I got a bag of it when I bought the Egg at Elliots, but I remember it being a lot more pricey than a bag of Royal Oak from Walmart.
  • hornhonk
    It is pricey. $9.00 a bag. But you get what you pay for. ;)
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Alec is among the best of the best in customer service.
    He is just a super nice guy in and out of the store.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Never been to the store but they are super nice people at the Plano Fest.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• hornhonk
    Mickey, next time you're in Frisco, check them out.Plano's right next door. ;)
  • BBQ Hippie
    BBQ Hippie Posts: 49
    I love the place myself. Would be glad to go in on a pallet of oak
  • hornhonk
    Hmm, it's a thought,Clark. :)
  • JamRWS6
    JamRWS6 Posts: 9
    Got my large BGE from them 2 weeks ago. B)