Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg arrives tomorrow. How long for assembly?

Options
windnsea26
windnsea26 Posts: 159
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This has been the longest 7 days! My egg is scheduled to finally arrive tomorrow. Approximately how long should it take to assemble it? I'm just curious cause I wanna start cooking on it tomorrow night:)
San Diego, CA

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    If you're doing one for the first time I'd allow for one hour tops! If you're also doing a nest and mates another 30 minutes. You might want to watch the video that comes with it first.......add another 30 minutes. These are max estimates......I can do it faster than that, but, I've done quite a few of them before. :)
  • Toaster_Head
    Options
    It took me the better part of an hour.. Before I opened up the boxes, I put a nice rib eye on the counter to get to room temperature. You'll want to give it a quick test drive first right? ;)
  • windnsea26
    windnsea26 Posts: 159
    Options
    I will be assembling the Egg, Nest and Egg Mates. I think for the test drive, I was thinking of Tri Tip and some Baby Backs from Costco tomorrow night along with a nice size bottle of Captain Morgan. :)
    San Diego, CA
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Options
    When we got our first egg, we had an "egg party" lol. watched the DVD, assembled it & the nest, and had a test burn... think it took us about 2 hours total (my wife & I).

I too am getting a new egg tomorrow, a mini! Really looking forward to that. I got a nice fat NY Strip that I picked up at the butcher ready sitting in my fridge, waiting for the mini to arrive ;)
  • Kailas
    Kailas Posts: 146
    Options
    windnsea26 wrote:
    I will be assembling the Egg, Nest and Egg Mates. I think for the test drive, I was thinking of Tri Tip and some Baby Backs from Costco tomorrow night along with a nice size bottle of Captain Morgan. :)

Careful with the Cap'n Morgan. That isn't tempered glass. Could crack in the egg!

:woohoo:
  • OMG Eggs
    OMG Eggs Posts: 118
    Options
    Savor it! Your first time is special. Watch the video with a beer (foreplay), then unpack the parts and finally assemble.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Baby Backs take 5-6 hours for me... Start early, eat the backs for an appetizer while you are cooking the tips!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Options
    Our dealer told us to expect it to take as long as it takes to consume two beers. He was one beer off!
  • privaterooster
    Options
    90-120minutes read instructions carefully & watch video
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    One beer huh? Should only take about 10 mins or less. :whistle:
  • Dave Shady
    Dave Shady Posts: 247
    Options
    Congrats on the new Egg, We dont let the customer have to put them together. We put them all together and deliver them ready to cook. I know some like to put their own stuff together but when you spend this kinda money you shouldn't have to. When our customers put out this kind of cash we want it to be just right also.

2 hours is good for 1st one esp with the DVD. after the fisrt 100 or so it gets much faster!

ENJOY YOUR EGG!!!!!! then get another :)