Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pasta night

Options
Ripnem
Ripnem Posts: 5,511
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I gotta say that i really enjoy these pasta nights. I took quite a few pics to show how easy it is to pull of yourself. I figure we put this meal together for the 4 of us for just under 10 bucks (including lump) :P Here we go.

the pasta raws (2 cups flour, 1/4 semolina flour, 3 eggs, salt and 2 tbls of water)
IMG_0357.jpg

Just dump it in and pulse til everything is just incorporated.

IMG_0358.jpg

Looks kinda crumbly :ohmy:

IMG_0359.jpg

Just kneed it with your hands for a minute or so. folding and pressing and then into a tightly pressed twinkie shape, then wrap in plastic wrap tightly and let set for at least 20 minutes.

IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0361.jpg

After a half an hour I third them and run them through the roller to the 2nd to the thinnest setting on the machine.

IMG_0369.jpg

Then it needs to dry on some towels or the like. Another 20-30 minutes
IMG_0371.jpg

then you can run it through the cutter head (fettucini) and set out fluffed up or hang to dry.
IMG_0372.jpg
IMG_0373.jpg

Now for the sauce and chicken. The chicken thighs became skinnless and got rubbed by some of Richards Death by garlic, some Australian pink sea salts, and evoo.
IMG_0367.jpg
350 raised direct with a chunk of Pear wood for flava.
IMG_0374.jpg
sauce was all the butta, all the heavy whipping cream, half the grated parm and more of the pink salts and Richards rub and cracked black pepper.
IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

Added the bird

IMG_0378.jpg

Then added it all to the noodles.
Plated and inhaled! :woohoo:
IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0380.jpg

Comments