Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Le Oeuf Vert - as promised...

Options
ShedFarm
ShedFarm Posts: 499
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Elisabeth and I promised we'd post a picture of dinner, when we opened up that bottle of wine she purchased last weekend at the Waldorf Eggfest.

So, without further adieu, I present dinner.
Thick-cut pork chops (I always cook with leftovers in mind):
uIdks.jpg

Crash-hot potatoes:
Tp0kX.jpg

Dinner (salads, not pictured):
d7j1u.jpg

The Moscato D'Asti (Lodali) went over very well. I think Elisabeth finally found something sweet and light enough that she was able to enjoy an entire glass (as opposed to making her usual faces at anything with alcohol in it). :)

We enjoyed getting to meet you and the family at the fest!
BJ (Powhatan, VA)

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    Well done. The Crash-hot potatoes look awesome. It was very nice meeting at Waldorf. Hope to meet up again next year if not sooner.
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Options
    Moscato is primarily a dessert wine. It' good with semi-sweet chocolate.

Good looking dinner.

Enjoy your week end.
  • ShedFarm
    Options
    Yeah, I understand it to be a dessert wine, but after many, many attempts at trying to find anything that would be acceptable by my other half, I'm willing to break protocol, and serve it with dinner. :)

Mmmmmm... chocolate. Now there's something I can get into. The darker, the better.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Madame Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    It looks delicious. We enjoyed sharing the front row of the music area with you. Soon I'll post the pictures, there is a nice one of you and Le Oeuf Vert!
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    Options
    My wife has the same taste in wine. Only will diring ice wines.
  • ShedFarm
    Options
    Oh no ... don't post a picture of me! We don't want to scare away the children!!! :ohmy:
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Madame Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    :side:
    You're silly!
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    That looks great! Tell me more about the potato's. Any chance for the recipe? ;)

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • ShedFarm
    Options
    They're really easy!

1) I boiled a bunch of Yukon-gold baby potatoes for 20-25 minutes, then squished them onto a pizza pan that I'd covered with aluminum foil, and sprayed with Pam for grilling.

2) I then sprayed a little Pam over the potatoes, seasoned them with sea salt, black pepper, fresh garlic, onion powder and grated parmasean/romano cheese, and put it on the egg at 375 for about 10 minutes (raised grid).

3) I then brushed them with melted butter and topped them with shredded colby/jack cheese, and cooked for another 10-15 minutes, until the cheese melted, and started browning.

The bottoms were nice and crispy (but not burnt), and the tops were gooey with cheese... the parmesean/romano added just a little bite to it.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Many thanks. I can see a batch of those in my not to distant future.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE