Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Nachos!

Options
toquina
toquina Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had some extra puled pork, beans and BBQ sauce from the bbq dinner on the weekend. Thought this would be tasty.
And it was, I will be doing this with any extra pork or pulled meat in the future.

2b00f75d.jpg
06e47e99.jpg
d926b21c.jpg

Enjoy!!!
http://athomecooking.wordpress.com

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    That's some FINE lookin nachos t.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Can I offer a little constructive criticism? I hope you won't take this as anything other than me trying to help.

Take about three steps back before you hit the shutter release on your camera.

It's OK to have one or even two closeup shots to show detail, but getting a little farther from your subject might help you actually capture the detail a little more sharply and will allow your audience to get a better idea of the dish.

You also might add a return or two between your IMG codes so there is some spacing between your photos that you post. It will make it a little easier for the readers to move from one photo to the next. Some people even add a line or two of text in between photos describing what each photo depicts.

That said - I like the idea of adding beans to the nachos. I've tried pork nachos a few times and they've always been too dry for my liking. I think the beans are a perfect addition.

What's the green I see on the plate? Is that chopped bell pepper or green pepper?
  • toquina
    Options
    Thanks for the photo help I have been having trouble with shadows so the close ups are working better rights now.

Yes it is red and green peppers, and tomatoes as well. I hope you try it and enjoy!!!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Genius! That is a great use of leftovers.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Dude,

Just a word of advice. Don't believe you are inventing something every time you cook. Very disrespectful.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• toquina
    Options
    I don't think that at all. Just passing on some good food.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Toquina,

There are a lot of great cooks here...not just BBQ'ers. Some of your posts come off as a little authoritative. Just saying.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• toquina
    Options
    I hope that is not the case. I know there are great cooks on this site and have used many of there recipes. Just trying to share as much as I can.
  • Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options
    I hate to admit this but I've yet to do pulled pork. But I will save some for pulled pork nachos. I kind of get stuck in the same rut with grilled chicken, ribs, steaks, burgers and pizza. Need to expand a little. Thanks for the idea.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • Little Steven
    Options
    You may want to keep that in mind. Just trying to give you a heads up eh

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• toquina
    Options
    Thanks, I hope something that I have posted has been helpful, and you may want to give it a try.
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    I love PP nachos and have posted them before without anyone ever insinuating I was somehow claiming to have "invented" anything. ;)

Must be a burr in that boy's saddle today, don't let it bug you one bit.
  • toquina
    Options
    Thanks for your support. Just trying to show good food. Never trying to claim I invented the egg
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    just the way I like it, crispy.......t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Looks tasty!!!!!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • I Like To Cook
    Options
    @ Little Steven

I realize I'm new to this forum, but I think you are being a bit harsh on the OP. They didn't claim to invent the wheel. Just offered up an option for leftovers.

JMHO,
    ILtK
  • KyEgg
    KyEgg Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with the original post. He is posting a pic of something he made for the first time or is proud of. Pretty much what everyone does.
  • dugdbug
    dugdbug Posts: 244
    Options
    Show me the Bacon!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    If you really want some photo advice...

...stop taking pics with that iphone! :evil: :laugh:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• toquina
    Options
    Do you really want to see the bacon. This the second batch, batch 3 is in the fridge curing now.

85cff97f.jpg

eb2499a7.jpg
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    It does look tasty, I'd tear into that B)

Don't sweat it toquina, didn't think you were disrespectful or authoritative at all.

I'm sure my posts come off that way as well, I'm far from a BGE Deity...like Fidel or stike. :silly:
    Typed words without tone, gestures, etc., may sometimes be misleading.

Its more like...I'm usually under the influence, and explaining what was done to eliminate potential questions. :blush:

Nothing wrong with being eggcited and posting it. Keep em' comin' B)

What happened to this place, used to be much more friendlier? Simultaneous egg lightings while singing Kumbaya. :lol:
    Gone, like dust in the empty RO bag.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Little Steven
    Options
    Hey, what I said last night should have been done through a PM and for that I apologise. It was one Canadian to another and there have been some problems in the past with the translation. If you believe there is an old boy's club or a glass ceiling you are mistaken. The names you mentioned have contributed more to new people than you will ever know.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    I Like To Cook,

I understand how you may think that. It is the history of this poster that prompted me to respond the way I did. There have been several instances in the past where Canadian guys would make a statement and it would come off as superior. I should have sent the guy a PM but I didn't. I understand what he is trying to say but sometimes, in American, it comes off differently.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    That looks really good! I've also used pulled pork leftovers to make quesadillas, with very good results.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    Every time I see your bacon pics, I want to lick the screen. :)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)