Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The future of foods

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got done watching that 2007 film. It has left a really bad taste (more bitter than was there)in my mind and heart for the Government.
Anyone watch this? Makes me really want to become my own advocate in this state.
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Nope.Never saw it.Sounds like it hit a nerve?
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I think we will eventually reach "Soylent Green" stage on this planet. Considering that it is already common practice to include meat glue, artificial flavoring and chemical preservatives, all we need to make Soylent Green marketable is to hide it from the public, call it something else or just make it sound 'fandamntastic' through advertising.

Perhaps there is a reason we're being fattened up and the term "Going Green" is being pushed.

Glad I'm 70 and not 20.

Spring "Tastes A Little Like Human" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • G-squared
    G-squared Posts: 35
    Options
    It is true, I run a College Food service operation and we have a large Farm2Fork group on campus. I work with many farmers and the problem is we are losing are ability as a nation to feed ourselves. If you doubt me next time you are in a grocery store pick up a jar of Dole peaches or the little fruit cups you feed your kids or grandchildren. Where are they grown China? yep! I live in the Quad Cities between Iowa and Illinois 96% of their food is shipped in and I live in the heart of farmland. I have a ton of information if you are interested you will be shocked and saddened.
    LGE
    CIA-81
    Garner, North Carolina
    Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all-Harriet van Horne
  • AgDawg
    AgDawg Posts: 20
    Options
    I think its great that we all need to be concerned where our food is coming from. If you want tc check out and communicate with actual US farmers they have a website that compiles a lot of them together for you to go checkout and better understand the US farmer.

Its located here:

http://farmerbloggers.com/
  • CaptDave
    CaptDave Posts: 54
    Options
    Scare ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:
  • davehemp
    davehemp Posts: 109
    Options
    I also recommend reading anything by Michael Pollan...My favorite is "The Omnivore's Dilemma".
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

I just finished watching the movie on the site I posted above. It and more information is available @ http://thefutureoffood.com/.

The information in the movie sounds very true and important and I hope it hasn't/doesn't fall on deaf ears . . . GE ears!. I am afraid that as long as we live under our current system, that shall remain nameless for forum reasons, we are probably doomed to indeed reap that which we sow.

From the site above is a very interesting Updates page @ http://thefutureoffood.com/updates.html that contains food for thought.

Blair

• TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    G-Squared,
    Will you be attending the Peoria eggfest? Please do, its a great time. Hope to meet you
    tim
  • G-squared
    G-squared Posts: 35
    Options
    Yep,got it on the calendar, I can't wait
    LGE
    CIA-81
    Garner, North Carolina
    Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all-Harriet van Horne
  • Dnorman
    Dnorman Posts: 117
    Options
    This is why I have my own Chickens, Beef, goats, and a huge garden.

I tell my wife the more we become self sustainable the better off we are.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Thanks Blair, I'll check that out.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE