Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Storage question.......where do you put all this stuff?

Options
Bamaboy
Bamaboy Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just curious....I have a large egg and table. Right now my table is so crowded with acessories and wood chips that I have no space. I can't leave things on the lower shelf of the table due to my crazy dogs licking the grids and placesetter ect. Don't really have much room in the house for this stuff. Any suggestions? Brent

Comments

• Yazoo
    Yazoo Posts: 145
    Options
    Bamaboy,[p]I use a desk storage box. Mine's wood, but here's a plastic one from a dept. store <a href=http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=10963131_bxgy_cc_img_b/601-2605254-5227300?asin=B00004SQ1N target=_blank>deck storage box</a>.
  • Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Bamaboy,[p]Two things come to mind. Rubbermaid makes a nice deck / patio gardening cabinet that folks seem to like, and it's recently been seen at hobby lobby for under 50 bucks.[p]I went a different route. I went to bed bath and beyond and bought a kitchen island on wheels. It has a drawer, a two door cabinet, two shelves inside, a flip up side wing and a stainless steel top.
    I keep it covered with a 12 dollar grill cover so I expect it'll last a couple of years until I get the deck expanded and decide what kind of mack daddy table I want to build / have built. [p]BBB takes multiple coupons, so you could conceivably get about 40-60% off on one. Just keep your eyes open for their coupons, save a couple, and voila!![p]HTH[p]p.s. or you could build this in your spare time:[p]

[ul][li]http://www.wessb.com/Table/table.htm[/ul]
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    BarnMoon.jpg
    <p />Bamaboy,[p]WooKitties was kind enough to provide me a barn to store all of my toys.[p]If you can't get hold of a barn, Tupperware makes 18 gallon and larger sealable containers that are easy to stack and easy to move around.[p]YB, posted an outdoor cabinet that looks nice and would probably be dog proof..... maybe he will post a photo here.[p]John[p]
  • Bamaboy
    Bamaboy Posts: 18
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Now that is what I need......Did you get it at Lowes????

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Bamaboy,
    Why not just put doors on to keep "your supervisor" out of the lower shelf?[p]Ken

• jaymer
    jaymer Posts: 49
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    ok, that misting system is just SICK

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Bamaboy,
    ive been looking at a 2 door trash bin that holds 2 barrels. could easily be fitted with shelves and hooks on the inside and on the doors and will hold several bags of lump. right now i keep a pallet worth of wicked good and ozark oak on a pallet in the basement next to the keg, wood chuncks in the attick, tongs on the paper towel dispenser, 2 bags lump on the decons bench in living room, lawnranger tool on my coffee table, torch wherever the last fire was started and butane match sticks everywhere. keeps the weight off looking for stuff. and yes, the dog cleans the grill.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Yazoo,[p]Can you store your lump in there without worrying about it getting damp at all???
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Hi Bamaboy,
    I've been using Rubbermaid for the past year & a half. It's held up well in the coastal weather.
    bruce

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    7b52.jpg?ph._eLCB3xR0gUex
    <p />WooDoggies,
    I bought this one from Lowe's John.It is made by Rubermaid.
    Larry

• Yazoo
    Yazoo Posts: 145
    Options
    SmonkinBoB,[p]My patio box is wood and leaks like a sieve. I only keep grids, brushes, lifters, etc. in it. I keep my lump in the garage. I don't know if the one I linked to is waterproof either. I was just trying to give Bamaboy an example of a patio box.
  • JDOTR
    JDOTR Posts: 85
    Options
    Bamaboy,[p]I use a galvanized metal trash can.[p]Chet
  • Egg_eh
    Egg_eh Posts: 19
    Options
    Bamaboy,[p]check out The Naked Whiz site. He has all kinds of pics of tables, some include under the worksurface storage with doors.[p]Put a latch on the door so your dog doesn't use his teeth to pull on a handle and open the door. Contrary to the expression, "you can teach an old dog new tricks"!![p]Egg eh

• jake42
    jake42 Posts: 932
    Options
    storage.jpg
    <p />Bamaboy,
    Got this at Target, and as you can see I have room for a lot more grilling gadgets. [p]stereo.jpg
    Converted my old stereo cabinet (by putting a better backing on it) for all of the items that come in direct contact with the food. These pieces are located just inside the garage door in close proximity to the Egg.