Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Chilli

Options
toquina
toquina Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is a great recipe for any leftover pulled pork!!
870a489e.jpg
The whole recipe is on my blog
http://athomecooking.wordpress.com
Going to bed to tired to rewrite out the recipe.
Enjoy!!!

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Do you somehow get paid for the number of people registerd to your blog...or is there some other selfish reason you don't care to share you recipes with other forum members.....I'm really confused on where you are coming from...everyone else shares their recipes freely...I link my recipe posts back to my own personal website so they don't disappear after 3 days....but I also don't expect anyone to subscribe or join to view anything on my website...the whole idea behind the BGE forum was to freely share ideas and cooks..maybe you view it differently?
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    I think Toquina maybe is slowly realizing his incessant reference for people to go to his blog is why his posts are soon not going to receive any response whatsoever. I only responded to let you know Wess I totally agree with your thoughts.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Options
    I can see the recipe without logging in or registering.
  • Kew_el_steve
    Options
    Let me do the honors...and I quote: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All right here is a great recipe to do with any extra pulled pork.

Ingredients:

4 cups smoked pork shoulder

2 tins diced tomatoes

1 large onion (diced)

2 tins red kidney beans

2 tins black beans

500ml chicken broth

4 tbsp chilli powder

1 tbsp cumin

1 tbsp black pepper

Method:

Add tomatoes and onion the a large pot and bring to a boil

Add beans and seasoning and bring back to boil

Add pork and chicken broth and bring back to a boil

Continue to cook for 1 hour

Adjust seasoning to your own spice level
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i can remember when the forum was a much more friendly place....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I remember when this forum was a much more friendly place.
  • toquina
    toquina Posts: 94
    Options
    I am not trying to hide anything of make money from anyone. My blog is free to look at subscribe, comment and such. Sometimes posting I one spot makes my life easier I am not disrespecting anyone if you want the recipe without going to my blog I would be happy to give it to anyone. Sorry for any confusion. Later o this evening I will be posting my bacon experience

Thanks
    Enjoy!!!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Hey listen, blog or no blog, I could give a hoot. Just don't push it cause nobody likes that crap. Oh, and one more thing, if you insist on using your phone for taking all you food pics, update your i-phone. The new one take some really good shots compared to the old model. See. :)

a357a0e3.jpg

fad03f33.jpg
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    If that is truly the case. Don't suggest we go to your blog at the end of almost every post. Share your cook, your ingredients and some good photos, like we all do. Put your blog link in your signature and if anyone wants to check it out they will.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that realizes that...Thanks.
  • smoketown
    smoketown Posts: 17
    Options
    I don't know toquina but it wasn't really that hard to click on a link and read his recipe. I'm on and off of this board because some of you guys are a little too anal. A simple solution to not reading his posts, don't click on the post when you see his name. To toquina and the others that take time to share, thank you, I've learned a lot from you.
  • Screamin' Eagle
    Options
    You had better luck that I did with pulled pork chili, I made it and all I could taste was the smoke, it was awful. The pork was very good, chili was very bad. I will try smoked chicken chili soon.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    I wasn’t sure which reply button to choose... there were so many options in this string. :lol: I chose this one because I really liked your sig and the photos were cool too.

:evil: :lol: Let me see if I got top 10 list from this post figured out…

:) 10. This used to be a friendlier place.
    :) 9. Someone needs new software or a new camera
    :) 8. No money is being made by incessantly trying to steer others to a blog.
    :) 7. The copy & paste functions are disabled in a wordpress cms.
    :) 6. Maintaining proportion is also a challenge when using wordpress to post photos.
    :) 5. I am really bored at work today.
    :) 4. If we don’t go to his blog then he might stop asking.
    :) 3. Sharing is good...
    :) 2. I want to go to Ripnem' house for steak.

And the number 1 “Please visit my blog” piece of useful information…

:) 1. No fat… no flavor!

:evil: Oh… and visit my website… Please… pretty please… will ya… huh.. huh… please… please… please… please… please… please… I have a website… there are recipes… go look… you will like them Sam I am… go now… its available… please… look at it…. Look at it now! I am watching the post count!! You aren’t looking!!!! Don’t make me copy and paste… it will get ugly in here!!!

Sorry… I am probably being anal when I was just trying to be funny… wasn’t this once a friendlier place? :evil:
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com