Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Humpty Dumpty

Options
2»

Comments

• Don Marco
    Don Marco Posts: 287
    Options
    The guest wanted to move the egg out of the way as i was done cooking - and he pushed it instead of pulling it. Then he lost control, the egg fell on its side and the dome and thermometer broke. The hinge also got bend pretty bad.

Anyway, besides the egg, no one got hurt and thats most important. Getting the spare parts wont be too much of a problem, but the whole things sucks anyway. Broke my heart... :(

So long,

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Don Marco wrote:
    :ohmy:

Birthday Party + drunk guest + moving medium Egg = R.I.P

DM

Dang Don,that really sux :pinch: That is why I trained my "killer attack cat" to pounce on anyone that gets near my eggs without my permission :lol:

DSC_0075.jpg

And if they get past the first cat,I'll send the other cat over to their place later,(he's very sneaky) :whistle: :P :laugh:

ATT00001_.jpg
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    The 2nd cat pic is hilarious! Sorry to hear about the egg
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    nicht druecken!
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Did he at least get some hot lump on him?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Oh merde!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • oakdaleegger
    Options
    Im sorry. That breaks my heart.
  • grillmandan
    grillmandan Posts: 270
    Options
    NEST HANDLER...CHEAP INSURANCE!
  • paphman
    paphman Posts: 23
    Options
    This seems like a photo one would show on April 1st. Rereading the post I see there is no direct reference to this being the medium egg that was broken. Also to my eyes the proportions just do not seem correct. Could it be that the broken egg is only about 6 inches tall?

JT
  • paphman
    paphman Posts: 23
    Options
    This seems like a photo one would show on April 1st. Rereading the post I see there is no direct reference to this being the medium egg that was broken. Also to my eyes the proportions just do not seem correct. Could it be that the broken egg is only about 6 inches tall?

JT