Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Interesting Find While Looking Up Something Else

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know Mike Beek in Westford, MA? He's an Egghead and has a site: http://greeneggchef.com/

He is also listed on SuperPeel's site as being from Saratoga Springs, NY.

I ran across him while searching for dealers for the SuperPeel, one of our sponsors for the Salado Egghead Gathering. SuperPeel makes a very handy device. I happen to have one and will be using it in Salado.

http://superpeel.com/index.html

Anyone else have one?

Spring "Sleepy But Curious Too" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Sorry SC,all I have is a VERY nice peel(pizza) given to me by a forum member. :)
  • davehemp
    davehemp Posts: 109
    Options
    I have one and love it...nice to know they are a sponsor... it works great on really wet pizza dough that you couldn't move otherwise without it falling apart, or wet dough like ciabatta...
    I just emailed them because when I did pizza Tuesday night, I realized I was missing one of the plastic clips - I think the puppy may have gotten it from the floor... :blink: hopefully they'll just mail me a couple. It really is a good product.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Can I set up next to you?
    Could use your peel expert advice.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    S-C, thanks for posting the peel's web site.
    The kids want one and it would make a great housewarming present (esp if it sitting inside a LGE...(moma is counting her pennies to see if there enough of them for an egg)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    I have one. I took the cloth off because I could never get that to work right. So I just use the wooden peel. I had a carpenter shave off a teeny bit from each side and sand it down because my oven is only 13 inches wide and the peel wouldn't fit in it.
  • davehemp
    davehemp Posts: 109
    Options
    A quick follow-up...Gary with Super Peel responded to my email this morning and said they would mail me out a couple clips at no charge - great customer service!
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    I have one, and have actually responded to the question above yours regarding pizza sticking to a peel...

As I said in that response, I think it's a good product & am satisfied w/ it, however, if mine ever "breaks" I will just make my own w/ a router...

(and now I'm seriously thinking about making a motorized one - would ya'll be interested in that)???? hehe...
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Yes I have a Super Peel so you might say I'm armed and dangerous!
    IMG_2158.jpg

Actually each type has it's advantages, but the Super Peel really shines when you have a wet crust!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.