Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weight Watchers and the Egg?

Options
Pjoe
Pjoe Posts: 224
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
It is time to do something about the weight. Either that or buy a new wardrobe....again. Wifey and I started Weight Watchers last night. This is our second time around with it so we know it works. Find it interesting that a lot of the meats are listed as "power foods". And meats go real well with the Egg so maybe this thing will work!
Anyone else doing Weight Watchers and Egging?
LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING

Comments

• SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Yep, my wife and I are using Weight Watchers...started last April and have lost almost 60lbs. Still getting used to the new pts system. Good luck!!!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I'm not using weight watchers...just counting calories, but I am using my egg often. Pork tenderloin, grilled chicken breast, grilled veggies, etc. I think the egg is great because I can still have tasty food. No calories in smoke :P.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    You go girl :laugh: Wish I could say I've lost 60. :blush:
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Hey JJ
    It's really not to bad, good system we can live with. Nothing we havent heard before, portion sizes and excersize. Try it, still get to eat tasty food and shed a few pounds. Just hafta cut down on the beer or whiskey.
  • BBQThom
    BBQThom Posts: 33
    Options
    Been with WW for 15 months
    I am now at 232 started at 307
    My lifetime goal is 215 so almost there
    Best of luck to you on your goals
  • Pjoe
    Options
    Congrats and continued success. I lost 5.6 the first week. I really like this new Point Plus plan. It seems most days I have to try to get in all of my food.

Bill
  • Pjoe
    Options
    Yeh. Alcohol will use up a bunch of points in a heart beat. I was surprised to find that my Egg wil actually burn without a beer in my hand! ;) Good Luck and continued success.

Bill
  • Pa_BBQ
    Pa_BBQ Posts: 132
    Options
    I am also on WW and use my egg often. I cook boneless, skinless chicken breast every other night. I eat it with rice or in a salad etc.

I really am craving ribs, but have a turkey breast brining now to cook for dinner.

I did figure out that if I save my weekly points and build up activity points during the week I can have my ribs, just have to watch the beer and sides.
    Large BGE
    Meadow Creek TS120 Stick Burner
    Stoker, BBQ Guru. 

Erie, Pa. 
  • Pjoe
    Options
    Yep. Like our leader says - you can not cheat on Weight Watchers! the plan won't let you!
  • Holy Smokes
    Options
    Are you sure you can BBQ without a beer in your hand? I have never heard of this before... :huh:
  • Pjoe
    Options
    I have actually done this. Will try to get pictures next time.

Bill
  • TulsaBGEFan
    Options
    That's smart. A great way to lose weight and keep the pounds off is still allowing yourself to have your favorite foods, just in smaller portion sizes. Well done! :)
  • chilehead19
    Options
    This may not be the recommended WW method but on the day that I weigh in (saturday) I eat and drink wht I want "free" day After some time I find that I don't have as much. By the way since 2-15-2010 have lost 70lbs using this method.
  • BBQNBREW
    Options
    I just started WW and hope to keep using my egg as often as I do now.  Cutting booze will be the hardest part.  I am stoked to read all of your success stories.  Congrats Guys and Gals and keep up the good work.

• Jethro_Bodine
    Options
    I've been lost since my Weight Watchers meeting moved clear across town so I have not been able to attend. Cooking on my egg will allow me to get in my power foods.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

I'm a WW flunkie.  I couldn't handle a system where everything is permissable...You just gotta write it down.  After a while, I started being not so good at writing things down.  "I know what I'm doing."  Yeah, flunking.

Me & Wilma have been on Atkins since January and we feel pretty darn good.  I've got a long way to go for sure, but Egging really helps.  Wilma tried on her wedding dress and it was too big!  She's pretty happy!

Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Did you catch that this is old?
    Flint, Michigan
  • CajunEggHead
    Options
    I am wanting to get on the bandstand I have been trying to find out what method that every one is talking about weight watchers where can i find the method

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
  • Pjoe
    Options
    Back on the plan. Started Tuesday at 205 with a goal of 180. Trying the online version this time.
  • SmokyArkie
    SmokyArkie Posts: 65
    Options
    Pjoe said:
    It is time to do something about the weight. Either that or buy a new wardrobe....again. Wifey and I started Weight Watchers last night. This is our second time around with it so we know it works. Find it interesting that a lot of the meats are listed as "power foods". And meats go real well with the Egg so maybe this thing will work!
    Anyone else doing Weight Watchers and Egging?
    Yes! As a matter of fact the BGE is a good fit for Weight Watchers, in the right portions and without the bread you cam come up with some great meals and enjoy making and eating them.