Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Walmart no longer has Royal Oak

Options
penfresh
penfresh Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
went to my Ocala superwalmart this morning and they had no lump at all! The only lump I can find now in Ocala is Cowboy at Lowes-not my first choice. Anyone near here know a source or is anyone interested in getting something good- Like Wicked Good? Jeez..gonna be a long summer

Penny

Comments

• Hungry Celeste
    Options
    Go find the store manager & complain. Wallyworld will stock things by request--certainly, my store has Royal Oak year round. During holiday merchandising, it gets moved into weird spots, but it's always around.
  • Slotmercenary
    Options
    Ditto... All of the WW's here carry lump year round.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Got this from Qbabe a few years ago and called them. They require a resale license but at the time '09 sold 40# bags at a good price. Forget now how much.

BGE, Charcoal, Florida

2006/06/15-- Southern Fuelwood in Newberry, FL (about 15 miles west of G'ville). 352-472-4324. Called and was told $20/40# bag plus tax.

Recipe Type
    Equiptment/Toys

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Qbabe, 2006/06/12
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Publix "Greenwise Brand" lump charcoal is Royal Oak :)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Some retailers, including some Walmart stores, consider natural lump charcoal "Seasonal." That's what I was told by the department manager the first time I asked.

But they carry briquettes year round. Go figure...

I was also told that Royal Oak is what's in the Big Green Egg bag, when I use BGE lump, it sure seems to burn cleaner and last longer.

Spring "Glad Naked Whiz Is Keeping Tabs On Lump" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    Restaurant Depot carries RO all year.
  • Gandy Dancer
    Options
    Try this place they have 40# bags for $25.00. It's good lump made by RO, all I use.
    Southern%20Fuelwood.JPG

Lump.jpg
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    We too have RO year round at WW. IT's in the side area where the seasonal stuff, plants, and other outdoor stuff is. Can they get that Wicked Good I keep hearing about? My RO is always small pieces. It gets plenty hot though. Did some Tuna last night. After lighting the lump and waiting about 10-15 the thermometer was topped out at over 700. Not sure what the actual temp was, but it was hot.
  • penfresh
    Options
    turns out it was only on WallyWorld store that didn't carry lump...went to another one 10 miles away and they have a bunch! yeah
  • penfresh
    Options
    Thanks Gandy Dancer. Until about 4 years ago we had a Royal Oak plant right here in Ocala and it was wonderful to get those prices-they even processed for BGE there. I'll try this.
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Options
    We have 2 Wally-worlds here and as it turns out the 6 month old, NEWEST, BIGGEST, BESTEST, 2 floor store that now has 20 Gasser-Q's on display doesn't have a single bag of lump!.... but the older, smaller store still does.