Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Best food on the Egg to go with beer?

HubHub Posts: 658
edited 7:18PM in EggHead Forum
Ok fellow Eggers,

The weather is unusually warm this weekend and I am in the mood to drink some beer. I know this is a very general question, but what are your favorite foods to cook on the Egg to have with beer?

I've done ABT's recently so that is out, although they go great with beer. The same goes for the ol' standby known as T-bone steak.

Please share with me your favorites. I'm going to cook something someone suggests :laugh:
Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia

Comments

• I've never cooked anything on the egg without drinking beer!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would say wings are my favorite tho. Easy to do and you can make a bunch. There are 8 lbs in that basket!

Wings1.jpg

heres a link to some a did a while back

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=991941&catid=1#
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC01894a.jpg

Sausages go well with beer323.gif
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Here is a link to an article on beer & food pairings. I brew my own beer and reference this chart when having friends over for dinner & drinks.

http://www.craftbeer.com/pages/beer-and-food/pairing-tips/pairing-chart
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,340
    Can't wait for summer here in Minnesota. Drinking beer, cranking some tunes, and bbqing in nice weather. Life can't get too much better. Just a few more months away. Can't wait. I have to agree with wings. Beer and wings go hand in hand. Maybe toss on some hamburgers? Add the cheese in the patty before tossing on the grill and your'e good to go!
  • Hub,

I love ya man!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,738
    Big burgers go with beer:
    photo-43.jpg
    Salado TX Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    I concur

HappyFriday.jpg
  • May be the question should be . . . .

Pulled Pork Sandwiches
    DSCN7763A_640.jpg
    Baby Back Ribs
    DSCN7550A_640.jpg
    New Yory Strip Staek
    DSCN7465A_640.jpg
    Boild Peanuts (not cooked on egg)
    DSCN7407A_640.jpg
    Pearl Hot Dogs
    DSCN7156A_640.jpg
    Summer weather
    DSCN6827A_640.jpg
    Flank Steak
    DSCN6586A_640.jpg
    Roast Pork
    DSC_5777A_640.jpg
    Lamb Chops
    CSC_2728A_640.jpg
    Eye Of The Round
    DSC_0898A_640.jpg
    Smoked Sausages
    DSC_0226_640.jpg
    Bacon Candy
    DSC_0010_640.jpg
    Pork Chops
    DSC_0030_640.jpg
    Filet Mignon Wrapped In Bacon
    DSCN6013_640.jpg

. . . . what doesn't go with beer? ;)

Blair
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Anything!! :woohoo:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 13,001
    chips

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Smothered with melted smoked cheese and goodies...mmmmmm
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • brats and dogs
    IMG00047-20100803-1818.jpg

some sweet corn
    IMG00019-20100707-1823.jpg

And some pizza
    IMG00022-20100713-1851.jpg
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    My friend, I need more space to write :laugh:
  • You can't beat pizza for beer consumption.
    Frank from Indiana
  • Looking at all those awesome cooks made me hungry G.B.! You cook as good as you shoot with your Nikon's
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,012
    if i were going to drink heavily and enjoy the warm weather, i think a slow cook is in order :laugh:
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Anything cooked on the egg goes with beer. And why does it have to be warm outside to drink beer????
  • MakoBBQMakoBBQ Posts: 230
    My vote....Wings...

Hotwings005.jpg

Hotwings007.jpg
  • Yes! Everything goes with Beer! Glorious Beer!
  • Looks good! Is that on a medium?
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Today I'm having sliders on Hawaiian rolls and Sam Adams noble pils. Tonight it will be tri-tip fajitas and something else.

I think there is a beer for every food.
  • fiver29fiver29 Posts: 628
    I do what another poster suggested. I pair my beer to the food I'm cooking. Tonight I'm grilling some Strip steaks. I'll probably have a citrusy tart IPA. Or perhaps a black lager. The hint of smokiness matches well to an egged steak! Sam Adams Black Lager is widely available.

On another note, Dogfish Head Raisin D' Etre was designed specifically to pair with steak. Try it. Its good, too!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]