Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread machine survey

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I owned one before and sold it during our move, now i want tomget one again.

I've starting looking for a new bread machine, lots to pick from and many websites providing data and ratings.

My question is what do you own, would you do it again? And don't answer the BGE please, I have one of those already, just not gonna do my bread in it...also, I most likely won't make my own dough, I'll buy mixes
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments

• Judy Mayberry
    Options
    I got a Zojirushi, model BBCC V-20, long ago when it was the darling of Kin Arthur Flour. It has programming of all kinds, but I don't use that. Using just the dough cycle is great. The only complete bread-baking in it that DIDN'T turn out well was when I tried a brioche to use for French toast. Other than that, it has been flawless. Also, it makes a horizontal loaf.
    Judy in San Diego
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    Ditto on the Zojirushi. That's what I have and would buy it again. Although I do almost all my bread without a machine. I tried one other bread machine that I borrowed from a friend. I can't remember the model. It was okay and made good bread but I really like all the features on the Zoji.
  • Jer_inva
    Jer_inva Posts: 109
    Options
    I don't remember what bread machine I have, but you will find that it is much cheaper to buy your different flours (white, rye, wheat, etc) and yeast than it is to be buying box mixes for your bread. Its like having an egg. Once you have it, the fun begins in trying different bread recipies. Just my .02. Jer
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I have an Oster that makes a 2 lb. bread loaf. It works really well, and I also use it for making pizza dough. The recipe book that came with it is really good and is 65 pages long. I would buy the same one again, and it was not expensive.

It is similar to this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Oster-Expressbake-Bread-Maker/12399570?adid=77777777913300000047&wmlspartner=PSGooglePLA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=12399570
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Zojirushi here. Prior to the Zojirushi I had 5 or 6 different vertical bread makers. The results were from those were OK. We didn't like the vertical cooking bread.

I finally bellied up to the bar and paid the money for a Zojirushi. My first Zojirushi which was 10 to 15 years old when I put it up on the local classified adds. It sold in about 4 days at 75% of what I originally paid. Bought a new model.

You can certainly find cheaper bread makers. For me the Zojirushi was well worth the price and I like the horizontal cooking of the bread to get a traditional loaf.

Here is a link to the Zojirushi informationhttp://www.zojirushi.com/products/bbcec

Good luck in your choice.

GG
  • Dimple's Mom
    Options
    I agree on avoiding the boxed mixes. However, I get better results with boxed mixes in my bread machine. When I make from scratch, I don't get good results with the machine (Zoji). Even the scratch recipes in the book it came with turn out way better if I just use the Zoji for mixing the dough and then bake using a loaf pan in the oven.
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    Options
    Zojirushi.

Mine's 20 years old and still going strong except for needing to replace the kneading bar once and the built-in battery died so I have to reset the time when I plug it in.

If it ever really dies I will buy another Zo.
    Egging in Crossville, TN
  • jls50
    jls50 Posts: 35
    Options
    I have a Panasonic SD-BT56P over 10 years old. It makes perfect bread every time. Use fresh ingrediants no box mixes.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    I was on the fence on the Zojirushi as I didn't have one before and wasn't sure I would like it or use it so didn't want to drop the $200. My wife got us one and it's just a Breadman brand. It actually rated okay (not as high as the Zojirushi ones) and it makes great bread and dough. I have no complains. I don't use it all the time though, but for the price I'd buy one again for sure. If I ever start using it hardcore though I would assume I'd step up to a Zojirushi when ready to get a new one.