Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Celitc Wolfe situation

Options
triehle98
triehle98 Posts: 208
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Who is with me ? tough times fall upon career crooks

feed some troops / send me money
tax deductible ... eh not so much
sad story .... plenty
benefit soldiers and family eh maybe
cannot make it on sympathy .... absolutely

guess what ...... gotta get a job booooooo hooooo

last penny you will get from me and my family of 5
Keep on trucking with your body bug mother trucker

Comments

• triehle98
    Options
    and before any of you regulars that bought tshirts and donated like me , consider the fact that he is outta service since he took a job . wonder where that money went. Ill trade refunds with ya Peter
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Not sure of the problem you have.
    I have sent money a couple of times and
    not felt any problem.
    Like Pete I live in a military area and understand
    what he was doing and feel all ok.
    Talked with him a few times by phone and
    I think he is a fine person in his cooking
    for the troops.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• triehle98
    Options
    Mickey I mean no disrespect at all. trust me friend it all comes down to money being spent for the troops . I feel as if I have been taken for a ride .
  • CBBQ
    CBBQ Posts: 610
    Options
    There are an awful lot of people on this forum that took part in those cooks. In fact you can go to the Naked Whiz's site to see pictures of some of them.
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Was this the first time you got drunk since Pete took a job several months ago?

You don't know Pete at all and you don't know the situation so I would sober up and move along.
  • CBBQ
    Options
    Thanks Bobby. My own first thought was to tell him to "have another drink". It's one thing to have an issue with Pete. But it's an entirely different thing to discredit the work that he's done for the soldiers and their families. Especially without one ounce of actual first-hand knowledge. It's funny when someone says "boo hoo. So get a job" and the bitches that he hasn't heard from someone since HE GOT A JOB.
  • triehle98
    Options
    Its not a matter of sobering up (unlike WessB)
    It is a matter of "Hey Where the hell is the T-shirt you promised and the following TAX documents that would benefit us loyal tax paying AMERICANS . I have no prob with Pete personally , just financially speaking --- WHERE IS THE MERIT ?
  • CBBQ
    Options
    American Spirit BBQ, INC
    Emp ID # 27-0689901
    DLN# 17053173321000
    Effective Date April 07, 2010
  • triehle98
    Options
    not to ruffle any feathers cbbq but did you front the money for the 503c?

either way most eggers will portray me as the bad guy .... im still here with zero donated eggs or funds

Just the facts mam.
  • Slotmercenary
    Options
    First of all WHY did you edit your original Subject title? If you are a man of conviction don't try to remove your foot entirely, yet.

Also if you are going to edit the subject then go back and spell his handle correctly, I do believe it is Celtic not Celitc, just saying....
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Pete may be different and he may be dramatic, but I really don't believe for one second that he is a fraud. Having joined the ranks of the unemployed (or more accurately - pre-retired)briefly last year, I can tell you that it afffects you. Different people react in different ways and I certainly can understand Pete's feelings.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    I was never a fan of Pete's but he tried to occupy his time productively cooking for the troops.

I believe he meant no harm to anyone and when he was on his meds he stayed pretty even. ;)

If you are feeling as violated this morning suck it up!

Keep the shiny side up Pete and we'll be thinking of you and your MENSA card. :lol:
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    I gave several very significant contributions to Pete over a few years because I thought the work he did was god for our servicemen, servicewomen and their families.

I did not donate because of the tax write-off, but considered that an unanticipated bonus. I gave for the troop cooks. I am disappointed not to have received a T-shirt because I was hoping the shirt would stimulate conversation and create more donors for the troop cooks.

I realize Pete was a little rough around the edges (never personally met him), and past problems seem to have caught up with him. I have faith that he recently found peace with his salvation and is trying to improve his situation with this new job. I hope that he did not 'misappropriate' donated funds and will not judge him since I don't know the facts.

I wish him the best of luck, pray for his success and hope that he can get back to organizing troop cooks soon. I will again support those cooks if they return.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Don't drag my name into your fights...Pete hasn't posted in months...if you're just now realizing that..I gotta agree with Bobby....