Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DP sampler pack

Options
Egg Master 3000
Egg Master 3000 Posts: 323
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am pretty much a DP virgin... bought a bottle of course grind dizzy dust for butts, other than that have not tried any. I figured it will be safer for my life to get the sampler pack. I can't wait to try all these delicious rubs that you all rave about!

Comments

• Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options
    Pineapple Head is great on pork. I'm may be crazy, but I like to sprinkle PH on vanilla ice cream. I mainly use the regular dizzy dust. I'm sure you will like them all.
    Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

I haven't tried the pineapple heat as of yet. I love most of the rest and it wasn't a mistake buying them all.

Dizzy Dust is fantastic. I was wondering about some of the flavors but I decided to order 5 different bottles and than ended up ordering the rest. The only one I don't use much is red eye express.

I was very pleasantly surprised with raging river, tsunami spin, jamaican firewalk, swamp venom. Shakin' the tree is great but I use the others more.

Cow lick and raising the steaks are great.

Order enough to save yourself on shipping, you won't go wrong with the flavors.

GG
  • Egg Master 3000
    Options
    Yeah it kinda depends on how much I want to get from the website. I can save if I order a lot b/c our local dealer charges around 10.50 a jar. If I really like one I may consider the bulk bags!
  • tsheehan7
    Options
    My favorite so far has been swamp venom on thick cut pork chops. Call me crazy, but dizzy dust hasn't impressed me a ton.
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    The sample pack is a great way to figure out which DP rubs you might like best.
  • BigBadger
    Options
    My son imported several jars of DP rubs for my Christmas present. They knew I was new to their product and threw in 2 full sample packs. So far I think Pineapple Head has impressed me the most. Love it on quickly grilled fruit and veggies. None of them have been duds otherwise.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Used the sampler pack mostly on CWM ribs and wasn't blown away.
    Ku won a full assortment at the Plano Outlaw Gathering '10 and we have sure enjoyed using them in a variety of ways!
    We are both converts now!
    Thanks to Alex from Elliot's Hardware for the donation and to Hornhonk for drawing Ku's ticket B)