Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hi guys, new egger here. cooked a london broil and it came out soooo dry. i had it lava mode for 5 minutes on each side then let it sit 15 minutes on each side. i must have screwed up cause it was very dry. i marinated it for 30 minutes in grill mates marinade. was so bad any help would be great... was my marinade worng?

Comments

• HolySmokes
    Options
    lisalisa27,
    can't say you did anything 'wrong', but I did one a
    week ago that was great (and my best so far).[p]The probable difference; I did it about 6-8 minutes
    a side at 350; no sear... and it marinated overnight
    and until the afternoon, probably 18hours.[p]If you let this go over temp at all it'll get tough.[p]best,
    HS

• Delaware Dude
    Options
    lisalisa27,[p]You probably just overcooked it. I recently did a london broil - the TRex method - best I ever had (first one I have done on the egg).[p]My wife marinated (package stuff)the meat for only about 30 minutes. I seared both sides (650 - 700) for only a couple of minutes each side. Then I let it rest for 20 minutes while I brought the dome temp down.[p]Sprinked some Dizzy Pig, Cow Lick on the meat, threw some Jack Daniels chips on the fire, and cooked at about 325 for about fifteen minutes I think.[p]I also do my hamburgers the TRex way - they are to die for.[p]Thanks again to TRex.