Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig and Pork Chops

Good Eats
Good Eats Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need youns' help here. Just got a box of wonderful Dizzy Pig stuff this week and am eggcited about trying it this weekend. My question is which do you recommend for pork chops? And when should I put it on and how long should I let it sit so I gets MAXIMUM FLAVOR? Thanks.

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    sdporkchops.jpg
    <p />Hey Good Eats,[p]You're going to have to figure that out on your own. Simple pork chops. Let them set in extra virgin olive oil and Regular Dizzy Pig for 1 hour before cooking. 350 will work just fine. Add a few apple chips while grilling.
    Swamp Venom is pretty good also.
    Good luck.[p]CWM

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Good Eats,[p]Red Eye Express is my favorite on chops. My wife likes the regular Dizzy Pig better. Try them all! I wasn't a huge fan of pork chops before my egg and Dizzy Pig, but with that combo it is one of my favorite meals. [p]Steve-B
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Good Eats,
    I personally like regular course grind on my chops the best. The other flavors are all good too. Why not do one of each flavor and sample all of the flavors. As for flavor...we just sprinkle liberally on both sides while the egg is heating up then cook.[p]~nikki